• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run on concrete slabs

Alicia

Mama Doe
Is it ok to put my rabbits hutch and run on the patio? They have started to dig, and although I made them and they did have a dig box but to make totally sure they don't dig I'd like to put the run on concrete slabs because I'm going away for 2 weeks and I don't want my neighbour to come to my house to feed them and see Archie and Molly hopping around the garden.

My shed and avairy is all on concrete. I pick grass for mine to eat but I think it is safer - at least they cant dig out.

If you turf over the concrete they can have the best of both worlds. :)
sue:wave:

At the moment they will only be on concrete temporarily, because I'm going on holiday tomorrow and I don't want them to dig out or anything when I'm not there. Thank you for the help I'll move them in a minute, I wanted to check because I thought I read something on here that it can hurt their feet? So it would definetly be fine for them to be on concrete? Sorry to keep asking :lol:

It's absolutely fine. My guys are on concrete slabs, although they do get free ranging in the garden as well. The concrete helps to keep their claws down a little too :)

They should be absolutely fine on concrete. All of my rabbits have their runs on the concrete....it also helps to keep their nails down a bit.:thumb:

I think you may be thinking about Rex's which have very delicate hocks that would get very sore on concrete etc and so it would not be suitable for them.

Have a nice holiday :D

Thank you :) Me and my Dad tried to move the hutch and run and the ramp broke off the hutch :shock: Fortunately Dad managed to fix it back on and we moved them onto the concrete, and Archie and Molly seem to like it, Molly keeps laying on it, but Archie's trying to dig a hole in it :lol:

My bun used to be on grass all the time as I worked from home and kept an eye on her but now I have a dog and don't work from home, she is in a shed allowed to run all day on concrete and she seems fine :) if anything it should help to keep their nails trimmed.

If you are really worried, either lay turf as others have said or put plenty of straw and hay down.

one of mine was a digger so i had to pave under the run and its been like that for about 3 years.. better safe than sorry! :?

Back