• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What have your rabbits ruined?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
My hubby has just discovered the pressure washer cable that Elliot has completely devoured he wasn't best pleased:lol::lol: what has your rabbits ruined of yours?

Pipkin has chewed through my mobile phone cable and I have a few holes in my clothes thanks to him! Generally he's good though, it'll be Polar's first time free ranging in the house tonight though so there might be more destroyed things after that!

I'm just in the process of selling the house that my bunnies ruined! :roll: :D There is a big patch of carpet gone where Clover pulled out a load of threads one day. Oh and Dusty broke our surround sound system by biting through a wire.

not much, really! They don't come inside often and only have access to things they're allowed outside :)
Eli's torn through a few of my shirts when I've tried picking him up, lola chewed through a pillow and pulled out a bunch of stuffing, and rambo chewed through a laptop cable. I think that's about it!

Gerbils, on the other hand.....:roll: Every time I used to rearrange their cage I'd miss a bit off and they'd escape, or something wouldn't be on just right and they'd find a place to chew, making a big hole that they could escape through. I've lost numerous pairs of headphones, lights, candles(!), underwear, tee shirts, jeans, etc to those little *******!

A big corner in my daughters carpet, a slightly smaller corner in the bathroom. OHs laptop power and work phone cable - he works from home - and only discovered it because nothing would work when he tried to go on a conference call.:oops::oops:

The cable which feeds steam to the iron and the hose. Not ba compared to some but they are not allowed inside now.

My OH left his (unplugged) macbook cable within mouth reach.... it is currently held together through the power of begging the universe and parcel tape.

Gerbils, on the other hand.....:roll: Every time I used to rearrange their cage I'd miss a bit off and they'd escape, or something wouldn't be on just right and they'd find a place to chew, making a big hole that they could escape through. I've lost numerous pairs of headphones, lights, candles(!), underwear, tee shirts, jeans, etc to those little *******!

I haven't got any remote controls without a few chewed buttons from hamster toothies! :D

within the first few days of having fifi, she had chewed my phone charger, laptop charger, ripped holes in clothes and the leather couch wrecked any sort of fleece or toy you gave her,
and the rest have only ruined their houses biting and chewing the wood:wave:

Ruined any chance of a relaxing lie on my sofa without a rabbit attempting to sit on my head,

Also ruined any chance of eating my dinner on a tray on my lap because she will end up in my dinner

also any chance of sitting still for more tahn 5 minutes before shes trying to do something else daredevilish like climb up the cabinets shelves!

See a theme here!?!?! hahaha wouldnt change her for the world though and currently she hasnt physically ruined anything except the spines of nearly ALL my books!!!!

Wireless phone cable for the charging dock thing, wii sensor bar cable, arial cables, an expensive new top the first time I wore it :(, wallpaper lol, carpet on bottom step of stairs, 2 tv remotes, bit a chunk out my dvd rack :shock:

all 4 floor to ceiling paper lampshades...Rodge loves paper!

Apart from that, my 2 are not destructive...oh wait....thats because they now live outside after the lampshade disaster! :lol:

wallpaper is Alvins thing.

it was pearl who liked wires and she killed stes PC gaming wheel and i think she also got one of his phone chargers too, she even somehow managed to kill our TV arieal, but it didnt mess up until a few weeks after her death spooky!!!

Holly has been very good and not ruined anything yet :love: apart from her joy at peeing on my bed and my having to wash a duvet in the bath :evil:

Mum said to me the other day... 'Have those rabbits been eating the rubber on the windows?' 'No mum' Then I checked 'er, yes Mum'. That probably explains Smudge's last bout of stasis then. :roll::shock::roll::shock:

My carpet
My sofa
My bed
My posters
My quilt
My pillows
Throws, blankets
Sheets
Phone chargers
Ds chargers
Computer mice
Clothes
Bags
Shoes
Headphones
Cages
Books
Telephones
Fans
Extensions

MY MIND!

My room is bunny proof... But if they escape from my room then the house is DOOMED!

hmm... where to start..

Wires they've gone through..
3 phone chargers
laptop charger
hoover
2 lamps
the wii sensor
The wires for new hoover we bought and the electric fire have nibble marks in them but they still work thank god!

I have a two shoes with nibbles in the toes and a handbag which a chunk bitten out of it.

Then theres the corners of walls which have been demolished and the walpaper which has been tore off the walls in patches in every room in the house!

Thats all I can think of at the min but im sure they've probably done more! (I say they, but all bar the laptop charger and a tiny amount of the wallpaper is Cinders! Sooty is actually quite good)

They're worth it though :love: (most of the time;)):lol:

Last edited:
Just a quick note to anyone who doesn't know; if a bunny chews through a cable it's usually very easy to fix.

Just cut the cable fully in half, strip back the plastic, twist the wires together then put electrical tape round it :)
If I had to replace every device whose cable had ever been chewed through I'd be broke!

Molly likes shoes.

I have to have special rabbit shoes to wear when I go out to them as she just rips them apart.

Where do I start?? :lol:
There's a big hole in the lounge carpet
Every room has had wallpaper stripped at som point (OH says we should hire out the buns so they can earn some money to pay for redecorating :lol:)
Skirting boards are nibbled
Tv stand is nibbled
Book case is nibbled
No chewed cables as yet though!!! :D

Back