• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yukis new home previously why yuki why! - sorry yuki my fault... >_<

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
ok I recently go a new set up for yuki , I set it all up this morning when it arrived it looked like this

IMG01075-20110713-1306.jpg

4 hours later and.........

IMG01076-20110713-1522.jpg

she hasnt moved.......... :( I was all excited about her new set up......

Last edited:
One little suggestion, put something over the open cage door. I've had a bun jump out of a cage like that and catch it's leg through the bars.

Maybe she needs a little encouragement? :wave:

One little suggestion, put something over the open cage door. I've had a bun jump out of a cage like that and catch it's leg through the bars.

Maybe she needs a little encouragement? :wave:

ahhh I didnt think of that thank you I shall

i put her in the pen and she just jumped back in the cage ¬_¬ not impressed lol

I would put a nice big fat carrot at the far end of the run! lol! I'm sure she will be interested enough then:D

Could you put some boxes and tubes in her run so that she has something to hide in and play with? Looks great though:D

I would put a nice big fat carrot at the far end of the run! lol! I'm sure she will be interested enough then:D

Could you put some boxes and tubes in her run so that she has something to hide in and play with? Looks great though:D

^_^ I am just sorting that out nowand cleaning out her tube ^_^

oooo she loves greens I will put greens down there lol

:lol: awww. I would be a bit wary of bun jumping on top of the cage and hopping out though! Hopscotch can easily get on top of his and would be off out of there in an instant!

:lol: awww. I would be a bit wary of bun jumping on top of the cage and hopping out though! Hopscotch can easily get on top of his and would be off out of there in an instant!

I agree, Bunsk would be long gone :lol:

yuki doesnt jump anymore unfortunately she does binkies but she hurt herself jumping once and hasnt done it since

I will be getting some mesh for the top but I am not worried about her getting out

it makes me really sad knowing she doesnt jump anymore and the vets dont know why either she jumps off the sofa if you put her on there but she doesnt jump on there anymore or on anything...

I am hoping when I bond them yuri will bring her out of it and make her want to jump again >_<

ok now with covered up door like suggested by Lillian ^_^

tunnel and tube added more to follow later when they are cleaned up too

IMG01079-20110713-1621.jpg

That looks great! If only Yuki thought so!! What do her and Yuri's names mean? Maybe she will explore in the evening.:roll:

That looks great! If only Yuki thought so!! What do her and Yuri's names mean? Maybe she will explore in the evening.:roll:

lol I wish yuki thought so maybe she will think so tonight... lol

¬_¬ maybe......

yuki means snow and kind ^_^ , yuri means lily and also stubbornness >_<

have taken the stand of shutting yuki out of the cage part to make her explore the pen part...... le sigh..... hopefully this will work

Aww bless her. She's probably just getting used to the new arrangement, bunnies can be timid about change.

When I got Skye, I was living with a housemate who went away every weekend, so I used to give the buns the run of the whole house while he was out.

I was dead chuffed to be able to give them lots of extra space :love:

Apache used to gallop all over.....Skye didn't step out of their room for about five months :roll: She eventually plucked up the courage to walk along the landing, then would run back into the bedroom scared. Silly banana :lol:#

Hope Yuki gets used to her new living quarters soon, you've done her proud, it looks lovely :love: I believe those doors can be removed and re hung other way round to prevent buns catching their legs :)

I will be getting some mesh for the top but I am not worried about her getting out

it makes me really sad knowing she doesnt jump anymore and the vets dont know why either she jumps off the sofa if you put her on there but she doesnt jump on there anymore or on anything...

I am hoping when I bond them yuri will bring her out of it and make her want to jump again >_<

Some rabbits jump and others do not. My BunBun would jump on everything and over anything no mater how high. Christie would jump up on things but never ever down. She would wait to be lifted down and Julie will not jump up onto anything and if I put her on something she stays there until I take her down but she loves tunnels and anything that she can squeeze herself into even if it is only half of her that fits.
Your new set up looks great. I made a slip cover for Julie's cage door like that out of a non skid type of cloth. I would put in her tunnel and lots of toys and a trail of food leading or hiding all around.

Aww bless her. She's probably just getting used to the new arrangement, bunnies can be timid about change.

When I got Skye, I was living with a housemate who went away every weekend, so I used to give the buns the run of the whole house while he was out.

I was dead chuffed to be able to give them lots of extra space :love:

Apache used to gallop all over.....Skye didn't step out of their room for about five months :roll: She eventually plucked up the courage to walk along the landing, then would run back into the bedroom scared. Silly banana :lol:#

Hope Yuki gets used to her new living quarters soon, you've done her proud, it looks lovely :love: I believe those doors can be removed and re hung other way round to prevent buns catching their legs :)

thank you ^_^

I have covered the door with fabric now so it should be ok

>_< lol

instead of exploring she ate the food I used to lure her in and then hid in the box and didnt move LOL

well I went to bed so I dont know if the explored at night but while I have been up since 8:30 she hasnt moved from it lol

shes a tease........

Back