• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you feed readigrass?

I give my bunnies a small handful each day because they do not have access to fresh grass, apart from a very small tray of grass i have grown for them, they love it.

Shazza, if you want to try some first, I have a huge bag of it in my garage, it last me all year as they only get a handful mixed in with their hay! :wave:

YOu are more than welcome to stuff a tesco bag full!

I'm interested in readigrass.

Where do you buy it from? How good is it for buns?

I buy readigrass from the hay experts.
Jaja hasnt got access to fresh grass so i sprinkle a handfull of this in his hay every morning

Chul, Ive bought readigrass for £8 a HUGE bag online.

I mix it in with their hay & also stuff a kitchen roll tube full of it, they go mad for it! :)

When Orla was being fussy for a while, it was the only thing she would munch on, it was if she was fed up of hay and fancied a wee change. :lol:

Chul, Ive bought readigrass for £8 a HUGE bag online.

I mix it in with their hay & also stuff a kitchen roll tube full of it, they go mad for it! :)

When Orla was being fussy for a while, it was the only thing she would munch on, it was if she was fed up of hay and fancied a wee change. :lol:

I saw a massive bag while at the shop I got my megazorb from, would that be the stuff or is there other kinds? It is like what you give to horses? *feels daft*

Yeah thats the stuff Chul, my sister steals some for her horse from my supply! :lol:

Its a huge bag isnt it, the buns will love it! :)

Yup. I'm trying to give Eli some extra so he can put on a bit of weight too.

I think there are cheaper alternatives though, and I'm going to switch as soon as I'm out. Just grass is one, and I think graze-on is another. I've always bought the small bags of readigrass though, I'm sure the 15kg sacks work out a huge amount cheaper.

I brought a bag last week for my 3 because they are indoors and our grass is dead so they dont have any to eat.
They go mad for it, as soon as I rattle the bag they pounce on me!

It smells really odd though, really sweet and strange. I dont like the smell at all.

I have it for the guinea pigs and the rabbits have a little bit occasionally. I think it is quite "rich" so I would take care to introduce it slowly and watch for changes in their toileting.

"Graze-on" is another one. If shopping in horse outlets be sure not to go for anything that is molassed - Moli-chaff etc.

I have a similar product at the moment which I got from central equine feeds near Linlithgow. I get my hay from them too. It is Halleys just grass and cost 10.45 for 15kg.

Thats just along the road from me! My sister goes there all the time but never bothers to bring me any readigrass home! :roll:

Back