• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paranoid about the buns...

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
:( Tinkerbell has gone from 2.3kg to 1.76kg in the last 6 months, she is moulting bad but thought she'd lost weight... Vet has checked her over and said she looks fine, is bright and her teeth are great? Although notice her eyes abit weepy this morning but she has no wet chin or problem eating... have changed them to science selective as she occasionally gets a dirty bottom, although her mobility isnt great so dont think she can reach very well... am really worried. She gave me heart failure earlier, I went in and picked her up and she was limp, literally was just about to panick and get her to the vets and she suddenly woke up and started wriggling :shock: she was obviously fast asleep :roll:

Teddy has a wet nose, clear this morning but was abit pussy yesterday so he's on baytril which is a nightmare to give to him, its a real struggle and stress' him and me out so have resorted to soaking it into a little corner of toast and giving it that way.

They are all in the shed today, have come out for a bit round the garden for about 5 minutes andto my amazement all three went back into the shed and not interested in free ranging... its warm but overcast. Off out to groom them all now as still moulting too :? they all look so neglacted at the moment its really getting me down.

Jon's insisted on paying for my hay expert order as wanted to spoil them so they have £86 worth of goodies coming :shock: hope it will perk them up.

Feel like I live at the vets, what with Archie's problems too I'm feeling very deflated today :(

Oh it must be such a difficult time.

If your vet says they look okay though perhaps just try and fatten them up a bit?

Sorry I really don't have any advice! :(

I changed from SS because i really struggled to keep weight on the buns when i was feeding it. I know its a high quality food, but i just didn't have much luck with it. My buns are now on Rabbit Royal and maintain weight much better. It may be nothing to do with the SS and i know people wont like me speaking bad of it, but that was my experience.

Sorry your having a bad day :( hope the buns are all looking and feeling better soon, and that wee Archie is ok. Take some time out and have a relaxing bath or something to settle you a bit.

Oh it must be such a difficult time.

If your vet says they look okay though perhaps just try and fatten them up a bit?

Sorry I really don't have any advice! :(

Yeh I'm going to make them some porridge now, never had this problem before, its a difficult balancing act with Tinkerbell as she gets a dirty bottom so have to be careful, hopefully all my different types of hay i've ordered will get them munching more.

I changed from SS because i really struggled to keep weight on the buns when i was feeding it. I know its a high quality food, but i just didn't have much luck with it. My buns are now on Rabbit Royal and maintain weight much better. It may be nothing to do with the SS and i know people wont like me speaking bad of it, but that was my experience.

Sorry your having a bad day :( hope the buns are all looking and feeling better soon, and that wee Archie is ok. Take some time out and have a relaxing bath or something to settle you a bit.

Hmm thats interesting, I may have to change again, will see if she picks up.

What you say about Tinkerbell sounds like Mini. She will sleep really deeply and I can pick her up before she wakes, she also gets a mucky bum and I think half of it is she sleeps so deeply. What about pro fibre pellets? They see to be helping Mini and I think they also help them put some weight on.

What you say about Tinkerbell sounds like Mini. She will sleep really deeply and I can pick her up before she wakes, she also gets a mucky bum and I think half of it is she sleeps so deeply. What about pro fibre pellets? They see to be helping Mini and I think they also help them put some weight on.

Yeh i think tinks may be incontinent aswell as sometimes shes sat there and just starts weeing sitting in it :? she always used to use the litter tray. I'll have a look at the pro fibre pellets just worried about giving her a very mucky bum although i check her regulary im paranoid about flystrike.

Last edited:
Back