• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying another veterinary practice tomorrow...

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
lets hope they're more bunny savvy! :)

They seemed to ask the right questions on phone, and they routinely use lapinject, so they don't have to order it in.

Is it rude of me to take Lewis along to ask about his mites (to Lily's vacc appointment)... well hopefully he doesn't have them anymore! But I've seen them both scratching again :shock:

I hope my OH is back from work in time, the 2 buns together weigh a tonne :shock: Lily's only about half her size so far aswell (Baby Frenchie :love:)

:wave:

Been to the vets today, it was :censored:

I'm so annoyed, cost me nearly £60 too!!

They didn't have Lapinject and denied telling me on the phone that they routinely use it, wtf!? No apology, nothing! Just told me that they wouldn't be able to order in the lapinject.

Anyway, they pressured me into getting Cylap :shock: Feel guilty now, Lily seems ok though.

Lewis is still shaking his head/ear, so I took him along too (It's better than before I gave him Canuaral, but still not better), they've also BOTH been scratching their ears, I don't know what to do. The vet charged me over £35 to tell me Lewis is 'ok', didn't even look down his ears, as there was no discharge or scabs.

Also, I mentioned he keeps breathing really fast on and off, like he was doing at the vets. And I was told it was stress and heat, there is nothing for him to be stressed about, he's a house bun (in a cool room) with frozen water bottles and icepods, which I change regularly.

I'm quite upset/p*ssed off, especially as I'm a student (not got a job yet for summer), and I keep spending loads on vet bills, to be told nothing useful.

I think I'm just gonna have to go home, where they can both see a proper vet, who knows what they're talking about.

Also, the vet didn't believe Lily was only just over 4 months, due to her size... surely they should know that French Lops are a giant breed :shock: She looked at me like I was lying! I'm sick of useless vets :evil:

write a letter of complaint I would........

Could do, doubt they'd take it seriously though.

Lily didn't run for her treat this morning :(

Lewis is still shaking his ear, seems happy/active though.

Anyway I read that mites are sometimes unnoticeable to the human eye unless viewed with a microscope...

I've brought 2 boxes of Xeno spot on from vet UK... as I know it's mites (slightly better since I gave him Canaural, not fully recovered though) and they've both started scratching their ears again! I'm just unsure of how long I should wait to use it, as I used some of that Beapher spot on stuff (about 2 weeks ago), which lasts 4 weeks.. don't think it was strong enough :? Unsure of how long to wait to use the Xeno, would 3 weeks be enough?

Oh, they also said Lewis was one of the healthiest buns they'd seen, as most were overweight :shock:

Shaking his head and ear can also be an ear infection. That was the only outward sign of Mischa's ear infection in January. If you're looking for another vet have you tried starting a new thread asking for vet recommendations? Just remember to put the area in the title that way you're more likely to get recs. :)

I've had to use a vet practice in Hucknall on one occasion. I think it was Buckley House, near the square.

I don't have enough experience of them to recommend them or anything, but they seemed to be well-stocked for equipment, have good opening hours (including weekends) and their prices were reasonable.

I've had to use a vet practice in Hucknall on one occasion. I think it was Buckley House, near the square.

I don't have enough experience of them to recommend them or anything, but they seemed to be well-stocked for equipment, have good opening hours (including weekends) and their prices were reasonable.

They were the vets I went to last time. The male vet we've seen before is nice, although not sure how much he knows about bunnies though. Another vet we see there is not very good (for some reason Lewis hates her, he's been really well behaved for every other vet he's seen, everywhere), that's why I thought I'd try another vet.. and it was even worse :shock:

They were the vets I went to last time. The male vet we've seen before is nice, although not sure how much he knows about bunnies though. Another vet we see there is not very good (for some reason Lewis hates her, he's been really well behaved for every other vet he's seen, everywhere), that's why I thought I'd try another vet.. and it was even worse :shock:

If the only reason you're reluctant to use them is that your bun doesn't like one of the vets then it might be worth giving them a second chance?

I'm over the other side of the city, so my vets would be something like a 30 mile round trip for you

Just wanted to say that you are not alone in this. I've recently changed practices because all the decent vets left mine and the replacements were awful to th epoint where I ended up talking the vet through putting one of my rats to sleep (he didn't even bother to do an examination just took my word that it was time). Not 100% sure about the new place yet either but am sticking with it for now.

Hope you get yours sorted soon :wave:

Just wanted to say that you are not alone in this. I've recently changed practices because all the decent vets left mine and the replacements were awful to th epoint where I ended up talking the vet through putting one of my rats to sleep (he didn't even bother to do an examination just took my word that it was time). Not 100% sure about the new place yet either but am sticking with it for now.

Hope you get yours sorted soon :wave:

That's poor *thumbs down*

Lily seems to be back to her normal self now (after the evil cylap), she was doing tonnes of binky's last night :D

Back