• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please Help ASAp

csklug00

New Kit
I'm the American from Texas. I know you UK people know a lot about bunnies, so will someone please answer me fast. My BunBun was neutered today. I brought him home at 3:00pm. I followed all your advice- THANK YOU.
Finally tonight at 10:00 he ate some fresh herbs I grow in by garden and let me pet him for about 45 mins. The he licked me. He got in his cage (he has a whole room) and all of a sudden plopped down! He's also missing a small patch of fur about 3/4 of an inch on the crown of his head in a straight row.
Is he just tired? Should I call the vet? I'm Freaking out? What should I do?!?!

I just went and checked. Sorry for the panic. BunBun is up and moving around. I think I'll take my pillow and sleep in there tonight with him tonight, just to make sure he's alright. This is my first bunny, so I'm extra nervous.

Last edited:
:wave: I'm an American too and had my buns neutered back in October. I imagine he's still stressed/tired about the operation- good sign he's eaten some herbs though. Just make sure he keeps eating and he should be fine. No idea about the missing fur :? Is he moulting?

Hi from the other American from Texas. I slept next to Julie when we had her spayed. Keep offering yummy foods and checking for poos. It does sound like he is just tired. It was been a long stressful day for him. Let us know how he is in the morning. My first rabbit as an adult was named BunBun.

BunBun

Thank you all for your posts and empathy! You were right! BunBun is doing much better today! He's eating and licking me (which makes me feel like he's forgiven me). I appreciate all your answers! Thanks again!!!

Back