• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will this be okay for when Donny gets neutered?

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Someone my mom works with said I could keep it after so that's always useful :)

It won't have what you can see in it now like that lol :) It will be nicely arranged and snug for him. I just put it in there 'cause the cat kept falling asleep on top of the cage where I originally put it, and she just loves shoe boxes :) But our vets say cage rest for about 48 hours (maybe more) I feel cruel keeping him in that but I don't want him to hurt himself :( He isn't being done yet, need to check for the jewels :lol: and the vets won't do it until he's 6 months (he's 5months 2 weeks so not long) but I'd imagine they'd have dropped now lol :? :)

I'd say roughly it's the same as a 120 cage thing but I have no idea. Looks about 3ft maybe :?

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

I think it's too small personally especially for a boy as they recover much quicker than girls.

I made a lovely recovery den in a puppy pen for Louie. He trashed it and attempted to lift it with his teeth 10 minutes after coming home from the vets. I abandoned it and let him freerange as normal :roll:

I am a bit concerned as it is very small it might be ok for the day of the op but the day after he will want to move around males recover fast as its not as invasive and they are not under aesthetic as long.

Looks fine to me but only for post op use maybe just keep him in their for 1 night :), shredded paper is also good in a acage after an operation :D

my 3 males stayed in a cage that size for 3 days afew their neut! (obv seperate times) i think its fine! its a nice safe size!! xx

I have a metal run that my mom thought would be good after he's recovered from the first night to give him more room, and that fits in my room now I've moved my desk to under my window again. Suppose I'll just see how he takes it :) Don't want him to hurt himself as he's quite boisterous and ...crazy if he's given lots of space, i.e. the garden or the living room :lol: :roll:

When we moved his hutch and run to the patio we put him in it because the cat was asleep in the carrier :roll: and he sat happily munching his hay then did the biggest flop ever and stretched from just past the middle to the end :? He's a big boy :lol: Glad he's a boy and will recover faster then! I have a feeling Poppy might take longer as she was 4 this year and our vet said she may take longer (have to keep her in for 10 days, even though she's been inside for 2 months because of her teeth lol) Just need to get her as sorted as we can with her teeth first :)

I would say maximum of one night whilst he is still in that sleepy/grumpy phase, then next morning 7am he can carry on as normal. It took my boys so quickly to recover, they were in search of noms soon after.

I would say overnight max so you can keep an eye on poo's and wee's and see if he is eating properly.

I would say maximum of one night whilst he is still in that sleepy/grumpy phase, then next morning 7am he can carry on as normal. It took my boys so quickly to recover, they were in search of noms soon after.

I would say overnight max so you can keep an eye on poo's and wee's and see if he is eating properly.

Yeah, I'm worried about his poops and wees as he doesn't like ti when we move the run and his toilet corner.. He'll hold it in almost until he can't and just lets loose. When we moved him onto the patio though I put some of his poo in the new corner and he was fine so I hope it's that easy when he's in that.

Don't want to keep him in for than the groggy stage anyway because he seems to grow everyday :? :) Maybe I could use the base as a giant hay place/litter tray and make the run around it :?:

smudge was up and running about the morning after op but i suppose all buns are different :wave:

This is how I imagine Don to be :lol: Just want to make sure really, I've never had a rabbit neutered or spayed :) Had no idea you could do it tbh when we first had Poppy 4 years ago. Thank god for RU :love:

Don't want to keep him in for than the groggy stage anyway because he seems to grow everyday :? :) Maybe I could use the base as a giant hay place/litter tray and make the run around it :?:

That sounds like a good idea :)

Used the base as a comfy place to snooze and poop and then a little run to stretch his legs xxx

I found my males wudnt hope out of it for afew days! and poor albert spent a week in their even with the cage open! tho he had reli swollen bits and was on extra pain meds etc! x

I found my males wudnt hope out of it for afew days! and poor albert spent a week in their even with the cage open! tho he had reli swollen bits and was on extra pain meds etc! x

Aww, poor Alb :( This is my second envisioning; Donny doesn't take it well :? But I'm preparing now so I'm ready for any eventuality :)

Yeah, I'm worried about his poops and wees as he doesn't like ti when we move the run and his toilet corner.. He'll hold it in almost until he can't and just lets loose. When we moved him onto the patio though I put some of his poo in the new corner and he was fine so I hope it's that easy when he's in that.

Louie wasn't at all groggy when he came home from his op, it was as if he had nothing done!

Back