• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has 2 or more pairs/groups AND a full time job? U/D not coping v well :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm just wondering, as I am seriously considering rescuing two buns, so then I would have two pairs... The new ones would live in a dog kennel/run in the garden; Olly and Honey have their own bedroom in the house. I work 9-6 Monday to Friday. Who has a similar situation and do you struggle spending quality time with them all? Not forgetting I have to spend a bit of time with OH too :lol:

Last edited:
I have six buns and a foster. I don't struggle spending time with them. I usually do rabbit rotation in the evening on the lawn if it if is nice. The pairs don't really want to spend time with me anyway.

I usually do all my trays in the morning and then only have to refresh water, and hay in the evening.

:wave: I have a total of 6 buns and a full time job. I work shifts and find that the buns fit in great with shift work. As an example, I get up for work at stupid o'clock but will be home from 1 pm. so have loads of time in the afternoon to faff around in the garden whilst the buns have fun. Of course I'm knackered and in bed by 8 but it works for me :)

:wave: I have 2 pairs and work full time. To be honest I spend virtually no quality time with them at all, and do you know what? They couldn't care less :lol: They have each other, and I enjoy just watching them be bunnies and knowing that I have given a home to some needy bunnies. From me, they need food, water, cleaning, health checks and veterinary treatment, they really don't need quality time from me, they have each other for that :)

If I had any singles I would take a different view, but mine honestly don't care about my presence in the slightest.

I have 9 buns and 4 fosters just now. It helps they are all in one massive shed, so when im speaking to one lot, they can all hear me and know im about. Quite honestly, with the exception of Mojo, no bun cares whether im about or not :lol:

I have a trio and an indoor bunny as well as three cats and a dog. I am a teacher so have quite lon hours. My only problem is when the animals are sick - I really struggle to fit the vet in between work. ;)

:lol: Honey seems to sulk if I don't spend much time with her :( I think it's because Olly isn't a very active bun and Honey wants to play more. But the more time I spend with her, the happier she seems to be!! :roll: but I really love this bun at the sanctuary where I volunteer, and I've even found a possible husbun for her on rabbit rehome :love:

:wave: I have 2 pairs and work full time. To be honest I spend virtually no quality time with them at all, and do you know what? They couldn't care less :lol: They have each other, and I enjoy just watching them be bunnies and knowing that I have given a home to some needy bunnies. From me, they need food, water, cleaning, health checks and veterinary treatment, they really don't need quality time from me, they have each other for that :)

If I had any singles I would take a different view, but mine honestly don't care about my presence in the slightest.

Same here Leo and Lois are SO much happier when I just leave them alone. Blanche likes a good stroke on her terms and Archie is just an independent little sod! I also have two guineas who are the same.

I've got seven buns and eight cats and work two jobs - so longer than full-time.

I am fortunate that the hours in my day job are flexible so if I have a poorly fur baby I take time off. I also go in late if I need to take one to the vet. I make my own appointments so leave gaps in between clients so I can pop home to check on the furries. My Manager knows my animals will come before my job.

The flexibility is the main reason I have stayed at my job for so long as the pay isn't great.

My night job isn't flexible but if I had a poorly cat or bun who needed medicating I would take them to work with me so I could keep an eye on them.

When I look for a job, one of the things I consider is how it would affect the time I can spend with my fur family:)

Back