• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

April one upright ear has now lopped...??!

popcornpigs

Young Bun
April is about 8 months old now, we "suspect" she might be a giant chinchilla lop because she is HUGE and still growing..:shock: but she has always had helecopter ears - one upright and one lopped ( which is why I fell in love with her - it looked so endearing!) Anyway - today I have noticed that the upright ear ... has lopped!! ( well kinda half lopped anyway - she can put it upright if she wants) but she has been holding it down all day and also seems to be washing it alot... can it be possible it has just dropped? Or could it be an ear infection or even worse could she have bumped it somehow..???

I think a vet check is in order. An infection or even ear mites can cause an ear to lop unexpectedly. Presumably an injury could too.

I think a vet check is in order. An infection or even ear mites can cause an ear to lop unexpectedly. Presumably an injury could too.

:cry: she was only at the vets last week for her myxi jabs and they checked her over - teeth ect.. so I wouldnt have suspected mites.. but yes - I wonder if she has bumped it.. I have just been reading that large breeds with narrow foreheads ( like she has) can lop later so it could be a genetic thing? her ears are massive.... I always wondered how she held that one up!! :shock:

It is possible she has just lopped it, but the excessive grooming of it is what concerned me.

Back