• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

insensative people

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
i only lost my darling barnes last friday and already "non" bunny people are offering their advice.

"dont get another rabbit, too much trouble"

"get onto the adoption sites and get another bunny"

why can't they let me mourn the loss of my little one?:cry:

So sorry that you lost your bunny, Barnes.

Many people just don't understand how much we love and care for them.

You will need time to mourn...................and then maybe in a while....

Take care of yourself.

I do understand how you are feeling. x

I am so sorry to hear of your loss hun :(
Some people who dont have buns dont understand the love and connection we get with them and dont know how to respond.
What I alwys think is, if you lost a human relation for instnace someone lost their nan, would anyone say to them 'Go and find a nice old lady and adopt her as your new nan!'
No they wouldnt but they do say the equivilent when you loose a fury family member, I dont get it! :? :(

So sorry that you lost your bunny, Barnes.

Many people just don't understand how much we love and care for them.

You will need time to mourn...................and then maybe in a while....

Take care of yourself.

I do understand how you are feeling. x

thankyou, i need some time to adjust and then as you say "maybe in a while", but to spite them all, maybe in a while i won't get another bunny, i'll get loads and loads of them!!

well, perhaps more than one.

Aww sorry to hear that you lost your bunny. Just give yourself some time, and I'm sure one day you will be ready for another bun......or two! :wave:

What I alwys think is, if you lost a human relation for instnace someone lost their nan, would anyone say to them 'Go and find a nice old lady and adopt her as your new nan!'
No they wouldnt but they do say the equivilent when you loose a fury family member, I dont get it! :? :([/QUOTE]

I think exactly like this 'a life is a life, no matter what form it comes in' Im having the same time I dont know how many people have said I can have their bunnies, like you can just replace a life. My winston was never a rabbit he was treat the same way I would want to be treat and sadly until one has loved unconditionally they will never know what such a loss is.
Im sorry on the loss of barnes im sure him and winston are playing together!

aww!! when I lost basil the guinea pig, I waited a good month or so before adopting another! I felt it was rude to bring another pig into basils home so soon!!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think it's something that only another animal lover can understand. When I lost my horse who had been with me for 20 years it was like losing a brother -years later I still wake some mornings in a panic that I haven't fed him or put him in for the night, the loss will always be with me but the pain fades and the good memories prevail.

A time will come when it's right to give your heart to another furry friend but only you (and that furry friend) will know when that is.

The lack of sympathy is painful isn't it.

I think what makes part of owning a bunny and having that wonderful relationship so amazing is that it is understood by so few. You have had an animal in your life that has done so much for you and with you and none of the naysayers will have that sort of relationship.

I hope you do something nice to remember your little one, a stone in the garden maybe. Something special for you and your bun to share always.

No they wouldnt but they do say the equivilent when you loose a fury family member, I dont get it! :? :(

I think exactly like this 'a life is a life, no matter what form it comes in' Im having the same time I dont know how many people have said I can have their bunnies, like you can just replace a life. My winston was never a rabbit he was treat the same way I would want to be treat and sadly until one has loved unconditionally they will never know what such a loss is.
Im sorry on the loss of barnes im sure him and winston are playing together![/QUOTE]

I used this exact same sentence the other day :shock: Weird.

Lolly's Mum sory for the loss of your bun. :( I do think people are just trying to be helpful though, it's just that they don't know what to say because they've not been in that position themselves. try not to take it to heart....I can never bring myself to think of other buns soon after a loss, it takes a while to feel ready again. x

Back