• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im doing a Rabbit food trial.... exciting

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

Ive just received two bags of food to try the bunnies on, the company are sending me a questionaire for each bunny to fill in...

Both bags have lots of lovely nice herbs in the ingredients...

The one bag has 13% Protein and 19% fibre and is mainly Lucerne , Wheat , Soya Hulls.

The second bag is 12.5% Protein and 19% Fibre and main ingredients are Lucerne, Wheat Feed, Wheat and Pea Fibre...

They are currently on Excel which is Grass and Oat Bran based... With protein at 13% and Crude fibre at 19%.

I know lower protein feeds are better as it stops the buns moulting all the time.

Anyone know the effects on varying levels of vitamin E in food?

How about levels of copper?

Also, I notice the bags dont seem to have salt listed in the ingredients like Excel does... will I need to provide a salt lick ???

I know the food will have to be gradually introduced over a weeks or so.

Im quite excited... I hope the buns will like it.

:)

Ive not put the company name on the thread in case, I dont want to interfere with their research!

I'm very new to this bunny-owning thing and I would imagine that you'll get a far more in-depth answer than mine, but here goes. If in doubt, provide a salt lick. Your rabbits instinctively will use it if they need it, but won't if they don't. I firmly believe that animals are more intelligent when it comes to their dietary needs than we give them credit for.

How exciting to be part of research though :) free food! :lol:

I recall doing research with babies nappies when my youngest was, erm, in nappies. It was great - saved me a few quid! :lol:

I think a few other people have been asked to do this too, seem to remember reading about it on here. If you search for the company name you might be able to see if it's the same one.

I'm very new to this bunny-owning thing and I would imagine that you'll get a far more in-depth answer than mine, but here goes. If in doubt, provide a salt lick. Your rabbits instinctively will use it if they need it, but won't if they don't. I firmly believe that animals are more intelligent when it comes to their dietary needs than we give them credit for.

How exciting to be part of research though :) free food! :lol:

I recall doing research with babies nappies when my youngest was, erm, in nappies. It was great - saved me a few quid! :lol:

thank you i shall try !

Back