• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fleur :D Minnie :( Mixed news from vets.

MPHF

Alpha Buck
:wave:

Fleur went to the vets last night and had her Myxi jab. She is such a friendly girl and so well behaved. She is such a wonderful rabbit. :love:

Different news for poor Minnie. We had started to notice her struggling to eat her pellets. She hasn't had a convenia jab for 8 weeks, which has settled her gut down fantastically but her face is swollen on her right where the abscess has got bigger again.
She has another two lumps on the left hand side as well now and had to have her front teeth clipped last night. She was very brave and I held her whilst the vet done it. She cannot eat hay and just sucks it so we have to take her back in two weeks time to see how she is doing. She is already have messy poos this morning and I have soaked some pellets for her and she has eaten them. Her mouth is such a mess. :(

It sounds like the infection is taking over her mouth and because she is not on antibiotics, it's just thriving and flourishing, like when she first came.

Is there an option to try a different antibiotic?

I would wonder if it's not the jab causing the upset stomach, but the stress of the travel, if she got an upset stomach today and didn't have a jab last night?

Also, I agree with Jane, you're now facing needing to give her far more pain relief (the second part of that statement is based on knowing she was on a very small amount). How many drops do you give a day now?

Minnie had her convenia last night. She now has 5 drops twice a day. I'm keeping a very close eye on her to make sure she has enough metacam.

Took Fleur back for her VHD.

Minnie picked up nicely during the two weeks. Although the convenia did uposet her gut it wasn't as bad as it had been. She had another dose of convenia last night and although the swelling has gone down her jaw is really bumpy where the abscesses are. We are going to watch her closely and take her again when she starts going down hill which will probably be 2-3 weeks. She is having metacam twice a day and is still enjoying her food. While she is like that I know she still has fight in her to live.

:love: Minnie.

Any chance of looking at different antibiotics? Something that doesn't upset her as much? One of those 'we lose nothing by trying anymore' type things?

How is Harley going with Fleur?

I am going to see how Minnie goes with her Convenia this time but last time she had it her stomach was only upset that night so it made me wonder if it is the journey that upsets her? Someone wise said that on this thread. :D
She had some messy ones this morning so i'll see how she goes but I will definetely keep other anti biotics in mind.

Fleur and Harley are so cute. We haven't bonded as Hannah is in Slovenia and before that she had her exams. Too much stress.
We are going to bond them properly when she comes back. They are still next to each other and are not bothered by it. They copy each other and lay as close to each other as possible. And Fleur flopped for the first time last week and it made me cry. She is such a beautiful rabbit and I feel blessed to have her.:love:

;) would be awesome if it was the journey and not the meds. Frees things up much more.

If you want a hand with the bonding, let me know :) Always happy to help. x

Thank you. You will have to come over at some point when they are happily together or before or during. :lol:

Back