• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay...

Anna xx

Warren Scout
Hiya

Just wondering where & how everyone has their hay.. feel free to post pictures,

atm ive just a smallish hay rack at the side of their litter tray ( well its hanging off the side door and goes over part of their litter tray ) but i wondered if this is enough and filled a pot with hay and put it in their run tonight?

What is everyone's views?

x

The bale lives in an outdoor storage box in the garage. It comes indoors and lives in the rooms in a rhinotub put up somewhere. The bunnies supply lives in their litter trays, mine like to forage within it. I did try racks but mine ignored them in preference to the stuff in the trays.

this is how mine get theirs to munch. It sits in a litter tray so that they don't really have any alternative but to toilet in the trays.
shed2.jpg

I store a couple of bags on a shelf in their shed for easy filling up
shed3.jpg

Then the big bag sits in our outside cupboard or just inside the front door :)

As long as they have a constant supply then it's enough. Whether you give it to them in several small lots over the course of the day, or one big lot in the morning that sees them through (though some rabbits eat more if given "fresh" stuff a few times a day).

Buckley has it in his litter tray, in his carrier, in a box and in a paper bag.
He sometimes has a hay rack but he likes to sit in it and I worry he'll catch his feet in bars of his base it attaches to.

mine will just wee all over it if I put it in loose so I have to thread it through pringle tubes cut in half. I did try toilet roll and kitchen towel inner tubes but they were too small for my big buns. They love to mess about pulling it out and throwing the tubes all over the cage.

Mine have theirs in a half moon hanging basket which is attached to the wire with those food bag ties. Worked well so far :)

Mine have a hay rack which they regularly try to dislodge from the side of their hutch. This goes with them and sits on the inside of their run in the day. My children fill the hay rack each morning before our breakfast and do their water and then that's generally enough to last them through to the following morning. Occasionally we've topped it up at the buns' bedtime but not every day. I also stuff a toilet roll tube with hay and let them play with this and they usually eat it too. Not the roll, just the hay :lol: Ours have Timothy hay.

Back