• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm going to be doing home checks!!!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
The sanctuary where I volunteer had an open day yesterday, and one of the women I work with in my regular Monday to Friday job turned up. She used to be on the committee of the sanctuary so knows everybody well. She introduced me to the chairman's wife, telling her how knowledgable I am about rabbits and that I have some really good ideas for improvements etc :D this lady, Jackie, then took me to meet the deputy manager and said I would be good for doing home checks :D apparently they really struggle finding people to do home checks for bunnies, so they were really pleased :) so from now on, in my area, I'll be doing them! It's so important to me that the bunnies go to good homes, as my OH says, they probably won't be rehoming many from now on :lol: No, I'll be explaining to people how important it is for rabbits to have lots of space and a friend; I'm even thinking of taking my laptop with me so I can show people the 'a hutch is not enough' video :) that will definitely get the message across to people who have small hutches :)
If any of you do home checks and have any advice it would be very welcome :wave:

That's brilliant :)

I'm happy to show you the forms I use for mine, what we look for, etc. Any questions you have, then please don't hesitate to pm me and ask.

My best advice is, trust your gut instinct. It will always be right.

That's brilliant :)

I'm happy to show you the forms I use for mine, what we look for, etc. Any questions you have, then please don't hesitate to pm me and ask.

My best advice is, trust your gut instinct. It will always be right.

Oh that would be great!! Thank you :D I'll PM you my email address and you could send me a copy :)
I just feel like it's a step in the right direction :D I'd love to take over their bunny section myself, I'd do a much better job!! :lol:

Back