• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toilet training

misty&dexter

New Kit
Hi all I have recently just rescued a mini Rex and think he is still young he has been neutered. I have found wen allowing him to run about the bedroom to stretch his legs he always has to pee on the bed. Wat can I do to stop this as I love to see him run loose in my room.

Thanks

Rabbits do have a tendency to wee on beds, even when neutered, it's because its soft. There are things you can do but until he's neutered there is not much point expecting him to be toilet trained :)

Rabbits do have a tendency to wee on beds, even when neutered, it's because its soft. There are things you can do but until he's neutered there is not much point expecting him to be toilet trained :)

Mine is toilet trained but not neutered... am I just lucky?! :lol: He does have a habit of weeing on the bed so I just don't let him on it any more and he only wees in his litter trays otherwise :)

Mine is toilet trained but not neutered... am I just lucky?! :lol: He does have a habit of weeing on the bed so I just don't let him on it any more and he only wees in his litter trays otherwise :)

Frankie isn't neutered either and is also litter trained :wave:

But how old are they? Once they start getting hormonal they are likely to wee and poo everywhere, especially if they smell another rabbit.

As for weeing on beds, I found a few things helped it and now mine very rarely wee on either my bed or their own duvet.

Oh I thought it said he hadn't.

Firstly, don't feed anything on the bed. I have to go out of the room before I feed them in the morning or they twig that me getting out of bed equals their breakfast so they pee on the bed to get my attention. Peeing is an attention thing so don't give it to them! Part of my problem was Mischa couldn't get off the bed so make sure bunny isnt getting up and getting stuck. I also covered the bed with a tarp when I wasn't in it and after a while they worked out that crinkly, plasticy feel meant this area was not a litter tray!

Back