• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising ideas

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I need to do a fundraiser for the sanctuary (rising vet costs, emergency vet payments and VAT increases have all taken their toll on our finances recently).

What sort of fundraising competitions/events area a good idea? I'm thinking of doing a straight-forward raffle with 3 rather nice bunny-related prizes...is that something people are interested in?

You could ask for donations of prizes and hold a prize every time thing, like the one that was held for Kirkby recently.
I could make some knitted bunnies if that would help.
Or maybe a 'name the (toy) bunny' fundraiser.

You could ask for donations of prizes and hold a prize every time thing, like the one that was held for Kirkby recently.
I could make some knitted bunnies if that would help.
Or maybe a 'name the (toy) bunny' fundraiser.

Knitted bunnies would be great, thanks. I'll PM you :D :wave:

I thought about a 'prize every time' type fundraiser, but there have been at least 2 recently and I'm worried that people will get fed up donating prizes so soon after the last one :oops:

Tombolas always get a good response. If some people are prepared to donate prizes, then depending on how many prize donations you get you can do something like a one in two or three chance of winning. Like the ones that Denise has run recently.

I'll donate some prizes for whatever fundraiser you decide to do. :D

Loosy beat me to it with her suggestion....great minds think alike ehh. :lol:

Amy, you could test the water and put out a plea for prize donations and see what happens. I'm sure you'll get a good enough response to run a tombola type of fundraiser.

Tombolas always get a good response. If some people are prepared to donate prizes, then depending on how many prize donations you get you can do something like a one in two or three chance of winning. Like the ones that Denise has run recently.

I'll donate some prizes for whatever fundraiser you decide to do. :D

Thanks Tracy. A tombola type competition sounds like a good idea :D

I like the ones where items are made/donated or bought/donated with a set price and forum members can choose to buy (like the craftathon).

Back