• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I keep running out the house shouting .....

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
....at a cat !!!!
Miasye was in the panel run about 10 minuites ago and a cat jumped up onto the fence ands stared at her for ages, ... I ran out shooing it off !
I put maisey back in her hutch.
Then 2 seconds ago the cat jumped up onto the triple hutch and was looking over the side at the rabbits :shock:
I am not really a cat person tbh so dont know what cats are like, but i dont feel its safe for the rabbits to be in the runs at the moment :S

If the runs are covered and the wire small enough so paws cant get through don't worry. Cats usually just watch and won't try to get in. We lived in a cat area and had at least 3 a day in our garden. So am well versed in cat scaring :roll: :)
The main thing is if your rabbit gets scared with them around. Some do, some don't... If they do then just keep shooing them off (I would do that anyway) but i wouldn't worry about leaving them in the run...
My uncle has a free range bunny as well as hutched rabbits who's been free for about 6yrs and he can see off any unwelcome cat... Having seen him in action it's akin to the White Rabbit in Month Pythons Holy Grail...

I'm glad my buns are indoors, it's cat nation round here, I hate them :evil: Well maybe hate is a bit strong :lol: They ruin our garden and poop everywhere :( I'm always worried that when us and the buns are in the garden, they're gonna come join us :shock: - good job Lewis doesn't like it outside!

As a cat and bunny owner....in my eyes just a sprayer of water would be enough to scare the cat off :)

As a cat and bunny owner....in my eyes just a sprayer of water would be enough to scare the cat off :)

I'm a cat and bunny owner too. Water won't hurt the cat. My method has stopped my neighbours two 10 month old kittens coming over.

i had to chase a big black cat away from my rabbits 2 days ago, huge it was i turned away for 1 second then when i turned back a big black cat was stalking them outside the run! have the same problem with magpies too :lol::lol: xx i`ll try the water thing though! x

I'm afraid my cat is a wimp, most the bunnies scare her off, and the rest curl up with her and let her groom them, she's like my bunny guardian, if one gets out a hutch, she's watching over it, until I get them back in, then when my two free range she watches over them, and occasionally they lay next to her for a groom, though I swear my cat things shes a bunny, she eats their food too :shock: :roll: :lol:

Cats in general do like to watch, I find they don't cause any problems, unless the rabbit is unsettled, but like everyone else, a squirt of water does the trick. The only other thing you could try is orange and lemon peel round the Garden, thats s'posed to stop em, though i'm not convinced :?

I ran down the garden on Saturday chasing a cat away who was eyeing up my piggies! I looked like a right prat.

Back