• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight Loss In Summer

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Do you notice your buns losing weight in summer? Frank and Petal seem to have lost quite a bit of weight, but are still healthy. I'm not sure if it ties in with the massive summer moult as well? Perhaps losing all their fluffy fur makes them look smaller?

Petal is normally a chunky little madam, but has really leaned out.

They're eating very well (hay, pellets and f+v) and nomming lots in the garden as well. Both are bouncing about very energetically.

Santa always used to lose weight when she was moulting, I think because she was a bit of a poorly little flower anyway, the moult really took it out of her. Moulting is very energy intensive, so it wouldn't surprise me if bunnies do lose a bit of weight when that's happening.

Santa always used to lose weight when she was moulting, I think because she was a bit of a poorly little flower anyway, the moult really took it out of her. Moulting is very energy intensive, so it wouldn't surprise me if bunnies do lose a bit of weight when that's happening.

We must be the only ones to experience this lol ;)

Mine seem to be slimmer, too. I am not sure if this is only due to the huge amount of fluff they are losing. I will find out soon when I take them to the vet's this month. Maybe they eat less, because their tummies are full of fur.

I was going to post about this, cos I have noticed it too. They all seem fine though.

I've just had my hair cut. Wish it worked for me :lol:

I think with mine it's more a case of gaining weight over winter because I give them extra food and they spend more time snuggled up instead of charging around.

BB has put it on...Lily has lost the weight and she really cant afford to do that.Im going to try feeding her treats by herself, but she doesnt eat when shes nervous or doesnt feel comfy where she is.Nightmare bun.:roll:
Wouldnt eat dandelions on the lawn...but would eat them in her pen indoors.

Back