• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mileys got a stained bottom & back legs...

MillyLop

Warren Scout
since we've had Miley indoors a lot more, we've noticed that she has gotten a very yellow and stained bottom and back legs... no poos stuck to her that I can see, she's just very stained and looks like she's always damp. she does sit in her litter tray a lot to eat and drink... but i'm already cleaning this out twice a day! do you think this could still be the problem? how often do you guys clean out your buns trays? do you think i should clean it out even more? :?

yesterday we attempted to clean her with some Johnsons small animal insecticidal shampoo by inticing her into her carrier which was filled with lukewarm water mixed with a bit mixed in, but she was not impressed!! when we tried to lift her out to dry her off she didn't want to know, and we got a soaking wet living room in the process!!! :lol:

do you think we should try another method? or as long as there's no poos stuck do you think it's ok to leave her be? :?

(oh and i should probably mention, we're feeding her lots and lots of hay and a handful of pellets a day.. nothing else. She has been weighed recently by the vets and they didn't mention her being overweight, and she can still reach her bottom to eat her special poos :thumb:)

Being constantly wet/urine stained is not normal and it is often indicative of a bladder problem such as infection, a neurological problem, bladder sludge.........

She needs to be examined by a Vet as the cause needs to be identified and treated.

She is at a high risk of Flystrike whilst in this condition so you need to be extra vigilant.

I'd get her to the Vet tomorrow. Good luck :)

ahhh this is not what i wanted to hear :( extremely panicked now :cry: her urine is normal and clear so no real signs of bladder sludge or anything like that. i will definately phone the vets first thing tomorrow though.

just to put my mind at rest.. she has been sitting in her litter tray a lot longer than she normally would have done if she were outside, as unlike before her food and water is next to her tray, so she's spending almost double her time spent sitting in her litter tray since being indoors for long periods of time (only the past few days, as from yesterday she's now a permanent indoor bun) and that's when we've noticed the change... i thought this could easily be the reason for it.. do you think it still could be? :(

ahhh this is not what i wanted to hear :( extremely panicked now :cry: her urine is normal and clear so no real signs of bladder sludge or anything like that. i will definately phone the vets first thing tomorrow though.

just to put my mind at rest.. she has been sitting in her litter tray a lot longer than she normally would have done if she were outside, as unlike before her food and water is next to her tray, so she's spending almost double her time spent sitting in her litter tray since being indoors for long periods of time (only the past few days, as from yesterday she's now a permanent indoor bun) and that's when we've noticed the change... i thought this could easily be the reason for it.. do you think it still could be? :(

Without an examination I dont know.
Rabbits are very clean animals and so any sign of them being constantly soiled merits a Vet check :)

Back