• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urban farm leeds....not impressed!!!

leanne2525

Warren Scout
me and partner took kids to meanwood urban farm in leeds and was not to impressed with what we found, goats with limp escaped from field , dead chickens been pecked at by other chicken and then we got to rabbits and guinea igs :censored: it got worse!!!
baby rabbit in with adult nethie who was attacking him and little baby had fur ripped out and beaten up and adult male and female guinea pigs all intogether some was trying to mate on rabbits which was making them angry and attacking them!!!
IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

there was lot more guinea pigs in here than photo shows, then next enclosure and got worse a baby a few days old in middle of it and adult rabbits running all around
IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

few people said they had told the management and been told they wasnt going to move it , so i went up to main office and told them, i think by this point they was fed up with people complaining and said they was going to movin "IT" told me that it was born this morning and it keep getting out nest (it looked more like week old to me) i said there wasnt any fur or a nest from what i can see, he replied no we just sticking it in hay, we dont know who mum is, so i said why are other females in with ones with babies they could attack them? he replied the males are worse than female!!
yes they have at least one male in with females having babies! and few of rabbits had cut lips from fighting, i was not happy and think they should be reported, he seemed to think it was fine for them all to be thrown in together
here photo i got of chickens
IMAG0341.jpg

Last edited:
:evil: I'd be putting in a complaint to the council and RSPCA about that place. appalling!

If you are reporting this place to the RSPCA, then remove the name of the place from this thread.Its a public forum and anyone can see it.Just report it quick.How awful.:shock:

i was gonna jump over but i couldnt find a nest to even ut the baby in, it had sign saying smile you on camera, so thought better just go office, a lot of children was getting upset saying whats going to hapen to baby, even my 4 year old son said "why are rabbits with pigs" if a child can see its wrong why can adults?

How dreadful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As Yvette said... I would remove the name of the place..
Ring Animal Welfare in Leeds... they actually act pretty quickly

i was gonna jump over but i couldnt find a nest to even ut the baby in, it had sign saying smile you on camera, so thought better just go office, a lot of children was getting upset saying whats going to hapen to baby, even my 4 year old son said "why are rabbits with pigs" if a child can see its wrong why can adults?

The whole thing is awful! Well done for being so restrained and not moving baby.

But I just wanted to say...my word your little one is well-trained! Good on him for listening to you!:love:

:censored:

I have visited this farm on numerous occasions (not recently) and I never realised they had rabbits... I am appalled! Especially since it is so local to me.

I think I will visit in the summer term and see if they have changed anything - if not I'm definitely going to say something... idiots.

Back