• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zzzzzzz

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
My house rabbit Dennis - not too butch for pink :D

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

( he does have ears btw :shock: )

Aww.Hes a sweetheart.
May I ask why he hasnt a wife???

I have seven rabbits right now, I've owned them for years and bonded pairs, groups , males everything, but Dennis HATES other rabbits. He has been impossible to bond. Every single new rabbit that has come into my home ( probably about half a dozen in the last four years) I have tried to bond him with and he attacks them outright. He runs straight up to them and boxes them in the face - theres no sniffing, no nothing - it's not normal behaviour. I had him caged next to another rabbit for 3months and the bonding didn't move on from nipping through the bars. He got majorly stressed. The other rabbit in the fireing line always looks stunned and very quickly the other rabbit attacks him back. It is a proper extreme reaction. I don't know why he behaves like this. Jane suggested years ago something about orange rexes having poor eyesight ( and he does seem to jump sometimes). My vet has given him thorough examination and can't find anything but did say it's possible. However, weirdly, he loves my dog?! She licks his ears, they lie together and even when she sticks her head in his cage he never ever shows any aggression toward her... He also loves my husband (he'll spend hours just sat next to him being stroked) but is not so bonded to me.

I got him from Rabbitrehome at 7months old and his previous owner specified he must go to a home where he could live with other rabbits as he was friendly (through the bars) to her other rabbits :? I never intended to have a house rabbit. I got him to live with my group. He was kept in an indoor cage but because she had two other rabbits (kept seperately) she realised she couldn't let them out at the same time and hence he went up for rehoming. He wasn't neutered when I got him. I honestly can't believe he has ever liked another rabbit and all I can think is she misread his boxing as playing :? I would love him to have a friend if I thought it would benefit him. Hubby and I have talked about it and if we ever did decide to get him a friend we would send him to a rescue to be paired up as I could not purchase another rabbit on the off-chance he would get on with them. But then we think hang on are we saying he must have a friend because that's usually ideal. It really doesn't seem like he wants one. All my other rabbits are lovely, calm and gentle, have all bonded easily enough so I know it's not his 'suitors.' So now when people ask, we say he ' has issues. ' :roll::D

Last edited:
Crikey!! :shock::shock:
Has he any sight issues or something?? Surely theres a reason why he gets like this??

Crikey!!
Has he any sight issues or something?? Surely theres a reason why he gets like this??

Yea, that's all we can think of. But why like my gsd and not a female bunny?! lol :D

My vet said his eyes seem fine but he does seem more jumpy than a usual rabbit.

Yea, that's all we can think of. But why like my gsd and not a female bunny?! lol :D

My vet said his eyes seem fine but he does seem more jumpy than a usual rabbit.

Perhaps someone on here can help with his issues?? There are some fantastic bunny people on here,Jacks Jane and Sky-O are two examples.
Hes lovely.Give him a noserub from me.xxx

Back