• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

think i can get MJ a friend!

reehsetin

Warren Scout
I've been trying to persuade hubby that MJ needs a friend for ages and he kept saying no! Today I said said that one day I'd just go get him a friend cos i had to do what i thought was right and he said ok :shock: :D...After we come back from holiday in November! Which is what I've been thinking for a while anyway!

MJ's staying with my in-laws whilst we're away for 3 weeks so thought that as he will have been away for a little while it would be a good time to bring a little wifey back with him?

(while we're on the topic anyone know how I can get him settled in to the in-laws, I don't him to get upset)

I have no idea where to start, is there anything i can do now so I'm ready when the time comes? Could I take MJ to pick a friend does that work best? Anyone know somewhere in Hertfordshire that could bond them for me?

Am so excited :D

i think theres a few rescues around u hun try rabbit rehome or the rabbits in need section on ru.....they can go through the process with you good luck :wave:

i think theres a few rescues around u hun try rabbit rehome or the rabbits in need section on ru.....they can go through the process with you good luck :wave:

:D thanks, are the rescues on there verified in some shape or form to check their not breeders/have good conditions etc?

wish I could get his friend before we go away so he has some company but would be a bit much for the in-laws to handle :(

I think you go for an intial visit and speak to them and then you can try you bun with a friend I dont know if you take that friend home or they keep your bun for a bit (providing they are vac)

where in the country are you?

I think you go for an intial visit and speak to them and then you can try you bun with a friend I dont know if you take that friend home or they keep your bun for a bit (providing they are vac)

where in the country are you?

In England, Hertfordshire :) Thanks

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

try looking on here for a rescue near you hun they will be able to help i think :wave::wave:

Thanks, waiting for a call back from the blue cross they're only a few minutes away

a friend of mine down your way got a rabbit from here http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/

she really liked them

Thanks! about an hour away but worth it for the right bun

Had a dream last night that mj had his friend :love:

Wahoo can't wait, in laws have said that they're happy to look after the second bun too! Now it's just about waiting for the right bun :D

Could you get the rescue to bond them while you're on holiday?

This is a good idea. Caroline at Rabbit residence (who I'd definitely recommend) can board him for you and bond whilst you are away as long as she's given a decent amount of notice. I use Rabbit Residence for boarding and that's about an hour away from me too but it's well worth it in my opionion as she knows her stuff.

that sounds like a great idea, 3 weeks they could really get to know each other! Just need to check the in laws haven't got attached to the idea of looking after him!

Sky-O Squeak would have been so adorable, hope he ends up someone lovely!

Back