• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do young bunnies need different food to adults?

Jokluz

Young Bun
Hello Just wondering if young bunnies need to eat differently? I have seen somewhere that they shouldnt have grass hay and they need different pellets? Can anyone help confirm this and advise on what I should give them? Thankyou :)

Hiya!!
Ive learnt from here that too much rich food isnt good for baby buns.It can cause the runs and tummy aches.
There are pellets for young bunnies and juniors.They need calories to help them grow into big,strong bunnies.
Fresh greens etc need to be washed and fed a little at a time.
Hope someone more knowledgeable with pass through here to advise more......

Babies need food with higher protein & calcium.I'm giving Casper,our baby,adult excel pellets as thats what the others have but bump his protein up with alfalfa which adult buns shouldn't have if on pellets.Also readigrass is higher in protein.Casper is on adlib pellets at the mo,which works out a big bowl every two days.Start reducing pellets at 7-12months so they have only a few pellets a day.:)

Back