• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heirarchy settling down???

MichG

Mama Doe
I have a group of 7 that I bonded about 7 weeks ago(ish) now and for the most part they have settled down, I think they have pretty much established their heirarchy with Poppy and Charlie firmly at the top!

Poppy is grumpy (always has been) and will quite often nip any other bun(apart from Charlie and Lily) who comes near her. Other than that there is no fighting or chasing now... apart from Patch and Dexter.

Patch and Dexter are brothers, they were separated last december and went to different homes (patch to me, Dexter to my friend) and in about March time Dexter came to live with me and was bonded into a group of 3 (not with Patch). Now these 2 cannot stand each other, if they go enar each other both their tails go up and they go for wach other, fur flys etc. I think they are fighting to keep off the bottom spot in the pack, both have really bald patches on them and some bite scabs (nothing major that has needed vet treatment, they are like little scrapes).

Anyone with large groups of buns, when you bonded them how long did it take them to settle down?

Back