• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yori not eating :(

Welshy

New Kit
My little Yori is not eating her hay, I tried so man different varieties but no success. Someone suggested to give 2ml Pineapple to her twice a day to get her appetite for hay back?

Any suggestions?

Is she eating at all ?

Pineapple Juice wont do any good and the sugar in it may actually cause more problems with her guts.

Has she had a Vet check recently, especially her teeth ?

I found with my rabbit that wouldn't eat hay that it was his back teeth. They get points or burrs on them which make it painful to eat and hay is usually the first thing they stop eating. Well done for noticing though. As Jack's-Jane said it might be worth getting a vet who is good with rabbits to check the back teeth. :wave:

My little Yori is not eating her hay, I tried so man different varieties but no success. Someone suggested to give 2ml Pineapple to her twice a day to get her appetite for hay back?

Any suggestions?

hello my bun is called yuri what made you call your bun by a japanese name? its means trust/reliable in Japanese dosnt it ^_^

I would take her to the vets to see if she has teeth issues is she doesnt I would decrees the veggies and pellets you give her so she wont be so full and will have to eat hay

also try different types of hay timothy hay is a buns fave

Thank you to all :)

I will be taking Yori on Monday to the vet and hope he can find the cause of it.:(

Yori is the name of my German friends daughter :)

Thank you again for all your replies :D

I will be taking Yori on Monday to the vet and hope he can find the cause of it.:(

Yori is the name of my German friends daughter :)

Thank you again for all your replies :D

Is Yuri eating something and is he passing feces ?

If not then he cannot wait til tomorrow to see a Vet.

Back