• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurances

TriL1

Warren Scout
Hi all, I hope this makes sense but....

I have pet plan insurance for my 1 nearly 2 rabbits, however I am eligible to go to the PDSA vets which is like a charity vets which you just have to make a donation as we receive a small amount of housing benefit (my partner does work but is on a lower income), is it worth carrying on the pet plan insurance?? Its just that im thinking in the future we probably wont be recieving any benefit anymore so if any long term illness was to occur (hopefully not), then if we take the insurance out at a later date we wouldnt be covered would we? Although if I go to Pdsa and then still have the insurance if we went to pdsa first for any illness would the pet plan insurance still cover us if we then stopped getting benefit and need them to fund it?? if that makes sense?:wave:

You should keep it, The PDSA vets is special, and if they do have a huge op there, maybe allowing them to use your insurance to claim some costs would be nice. Also I know the treatment they offer is limited, my friend used to use them, her dog had a tumor, that the PDSA would not pay to remove, as it was costly, however another vet would of had she got insurance to cover the costs.

Pet plan should cover you no matter what vet you use or when you use them. Though it is always worth calling and asking.

very true, would be nice to get things bit cheaper but also be nice for the Pdsa to claim more money too.They are doing a good thing helping animals for people who may not have loads of money all of a sudden.xx I will keep insurance then, thanks for your advice.xx

Keep the insurance, your buns will be better covered and you know that as long as you keep paying the insurance they will continue to be covered. Plus you will be helping the other pets because the PDSA only have limited funds and so you will be helping their money go further.

Back