• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starfish is holding her own! Looking back.

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
:( I got home yesterday after being on hols for two weeks. The person who boards the buns had taken her to the vet to have her scar checked while I was away and the vet was happy with her progress. A lot of the pus pockets have gone and it is feeling better.

However, I haven't really seen her move since she came home. I put them in the run and after a quick explore she sat still. I put her in the hutch last night and when I went to get them out this morning she was in exactly the same spot. She had damp dirty back feet as though she just hadnt moved through the night.

I don't want to rush her to the vet until Monday at the earliest in case she is stressed out by the changes and a trip to the vet would make her worse. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Last edited:
:( I got home yesterday after being on hols for two weeks. The person who boards the buns had taken her to the vet to have her scar checked while I was away and the vet was happy with her progress. A lot of the pus pockets have gone and it is feeling better.

However, I haven't really seen her move since she came home. I put them in the run and after a quick explore she sat still. I put her in the hutch last night and when I went to get them out this morning she was in exactly the same spot. She had damp dirty back feet as though she just hadnt moved through the night.

I don't want to rush her to the vet until Monday at the earliest in case she is stressed out by the changes and a trip to the vet would make her worse. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

I woudl just give her extra attention and try to force her to move around a bit, give her some treats, she should soon come around

also theres a japanese song about a starfish and I now have it stuck in my head....

I woudl just give her extra attention and try to force her to move around a bit, give her some treats, she should soon come around

also theres a japanese song about a starfish and I now have it stuck in my head....

What is the song?

I let the chase round the run for bedtime go on a bit longer tonight and she seemed to be perky enough then.

I watched them most of the day and she just doesn't seem very interested in things. I gave her a big groom today and a snuggle. She went and nibbled some dandelions I had left her in her box she sits in and had a munch at her tea. She is ok but just ok and that is not good enough for me!

song translates as

little starfish so meek and sweet,
twirling around upon my feet
little starfish small and cute
let me always be with you

little starfish what do you do
take me on adventures take me with you
little starfish I love you ill hold you close
do you love me too?

^_^

hope she gets well soon

song translates as

little starfish so meek and sweet,
twirling around upon my feet
little starfish small and cute
let me always be with you

little starfish what do you do
take me on adventures take me with you
little starfish I love you ill hold you close
do you love me too?

^_^

hope she gets well soon
:cry::love::love: that just fits her absolutely perfectly. Thank you.:)

:cry::love::love: that just fits her absolutely perfectly. Thank you.:)

^^ your welcome, I once heard a group of japanese kindergarden kids singing it and fell in love with it its so cute ^_^

I am worried it might well be. It is so hard to know. Should I get her to the vet do you think or leave her be till Mon?

If she looks like shes in a lot of pain I would go now but if shes eating, drinking, disinterested but not in pain it can wait till monday

but if your really worried i would go now either way because you will just be worrying until monday otherwise

I am worried it might well be. It is so hard to know. Should I get her to the vet do you think or leave her be till Mon?

If your vet is open at the weekends, it certainly won't hurt to take her for a check up. I'm not sure you'd get any joy from the emergency vets though if she's eating and generally okay.

It could well be that she's sulking :? Honey was just like that for 5 days a few weeks ago - all we'd done is go out for the evening so the buns got their supper an hour and a half late!!! :roll: I think she missed me too though, I normally spend a lot of time with them in the evenings. I'm dreading going on holiday in september!! I hope Starfish is ok today x

How is she today? I'm heading off now but will check back later. :wave:has been huffy all week and I'm not away, just having to spend some of 'his' time visiting my little rabbit nephew as his family are on holiday. :roll:

Me and my Starfish are sending lots of vibes for your little Stafish! :love: :wave: I hope she has got her appetite back - if not I would be concerned about a pain source (her back) needing a little pain relief. x

Thank you everyone. I am pleased to report she is much brighter today. I will tak her to the vet tomorrow to review things anyway. I just didn't want to upset her further with a vet trip if she was traumatised by the move back home.

She is currently snuggled on my knee having her head rubbed and I can hear some tooth grinding! :love::love::love:

Thank you everyone. I am pleased to report she is much brighter today. I will tak her to the vet tomorrow to review things anyway. I just didn't want to upset her further with a vet trip if she was traumatised by the move back home.

She is currently snuggled on my knee having her head rubbed and I can hear some tooth grinding! :love::love::love:

This is sounding good.

Noserubs to Starfish and the rest of the furry family. xx

Sorry ali only just seen this
Glad she seems better and hope the vet check goes well..give her a snuggle from me xx

Back