• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My stupid neighbour told me I should have Matilda PTS :(

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Was having a convo with my :censored: of a neighbour about the buns and my other animals as you dooo,

she has a bun benji, who is free range, and dosn't even have a hutch, he lives out in the garden 24/7

she had to take him to the vets, cos he cut his foot on something in the garden, anywysy at the vets, benji growel'd and lunged at the vet! a tipical reation if a vet is proding his poorly foot!!

and she said 'is he ever dos that to me, he would be put down straight away, and how embarrasing to have him do that to the vet'

i then said well my Matilda lunges and bited occasionally, its mainly through fear, if theres to many people or to much noise or things going on,

and that I ALWAYS pre warn the vets that she is abit snappy when stressed, just so he's aware of it!

and she replied, 'you should have 'IT' put down, and animal like that dosn't deserve to live!!!!!!!!!!!

I then picked up my rescue cat Mr Tigs who she loves!! and she was like aww hes so cute, and I replied I supose I should have him PTS then to!!

she was like ohhh no why!!

and I said, well he's a rescue, he was in an apuling state when we got him and attacked people etc, look at him now!! hes a soppy thing!!

she shut up after that

:evil::evil::censored::censored::censored:

0_o thats neglect they may not realise it but it is because the buns safety is a high risk....

Id have word with them....

0_o thats neglect they may not realise it but it is because the buns safety is a high risk....

Id have word with them....

my mum reported them and the RSPCA went round! she didnt no it was us that reported her, but she told us that they said its fine cos the rabbit does have acsess to shelter!

thats terrible..... thats like social services saying ifs not the parents fault if the child chooses to stay out late and night because the parents leave the door open so they can come home 0_O

my tabby rabbit was so aggressive as a young bun that i really did consider pts. she was too bitey to pass on to anyone else, the most attacking bun i've ever had. she didn't nip, she bit in and held on. she's given me some very nasty bites and she's only a mini lop (though my only bun-scar is from matthew accidentally scratching me when he kicked me for picking him up when he wasn't in the mood) and their mum is biter, too. how people go on with big bitey rabbits i don't know. anyway, tabs was cured by the spay. and so was i. the spay didn't go well and she was ill for weeks. i realised i loved her too much to pts even if it was the most sensible thing. she nips a bit, still, but we rub along together nicely most of the time.

my tabby rabbit was so aggressive as a young bun that i really did consider pts. she was too bitey to pass on to anyone else, the most attacking bun i've ever had. she didn't nip, she bit in and held on. she's given me some very nasty bites and she's only a mini lop (though my only bun-scar is from matthew accidentally scratching me when he kicked me for picking him up when he wasn't in the mood) and their mum is biter, too. how people go on with big bitey rabbits i don't know. anyway, tabs was cured by the spay. and so was i. the spay didn't go well and she was ill for weeks. i realised i loved her too much to pts even if it was the most sensible thing. she nips a bit, still, but we rub along together nicely most of the time.

How is that exactly?

Agressive buns just need a bit more hard work, but if they are not worth that then yes I guess it is 'sensible' to have them PTS :roll: !! I don't beleive in aggressive dogs being PTS either but I can see how they can be dangerous. I have never heard of a mini-lop mauling a child but you never know, it could happen :roll::roll::roll:

My bun is a little odd - when I first got her she was great and then one day she bit me... and growled and then it carried on like that. Then I got her spayed and she was okay again and now she sometimes growls at me when I go into the shed because the shed is all hers- she has the hutch and then access to the floor at all times so I'm assuming either shes getting teritorial, or she can smell my dog on me - which is unfortunate because he's always around :S but otherwise when I pick her up or feed her, she is fine - just sometimes grumpy. I would never have considered putting her down cos she was a biter :S

What an idiot. :roll: "doesn't deserve to live" for reacting in fear? Even if he was annoyed and attacked, why would that make her think the rabbit doesn't deserve to live.. its an animal, not a person! :roll:

She's a silly MOO!!! According to her then I should have my lovely slightly lungey grunty Honey put to sleep. Perhaps we could have her put to sleep for being a miserable, uncaring, thick woman. :lol:
:(Feel sorry for her poor bun!:(

How is that exactly?

Agressive buns just need a bit more hard work, but if they are not worth that then yes I guess it is 'sensible' to have them PTS :roll: !! I don't beleive in aggressive dogs being PTS either but I can see how they can be dangerous. I have never heard of a mini-lop mauling a child but you never know, it could happen :roll::roll::roll:

Harsh.

Back