• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice please

blaisey

Mama Doe
I've got two bunnies.

Flopsie is a 3 year old neutered doe and and can be quite hostile and can be a bit aggressive. Bugs is a very docile 18 month (approx) neutered buck.

We introduced them yesterday and they were very indifferent to each other. Tonight we put them in the bath tub for 20 mins and Bugs spent 15 mins mounting Flopsie and doing unspeakable things to her. She didn't seem to mind, just looked a bit wild eyed throughout the whole ordeal.

I haven't bonded bunnies before and am not sure what to make of it. Any experience shared would be helpful.

I know the dominant bun is supposed to mount the submissive one, but this just seemed a bit rigorous!

Unfortunately that is what they do and you need to let them get on with it. If she starts becoming aggressive towards him then try and separate them for a brief period, or if he humps her face, just remove him and place him slightly away from her.

Some bonds are really humpy bonds :roll:
They should settle down after a while

Thanks for replying, I wasn't sure whether to let them get on with it or not.

I guessed she'd let him know if she wasn't happy!

Fingers crossed it goes well again this afternoon

On my website there is an article on bonding. The most useful bit for you might be the bit about what you can expect to see.

Remember, if you're going to 'date' them, each 'date' needs to be a progression on the last one so that you're progressing each time.

Wiht humping, make sure you check his little boy bits to ensure he is not sustaining an injury and also don't let him do it the wrong way round.

Back