• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur coming out of Marleys ears - an after thought, could it be mites?

Brought Marley in for some snuggles and healthy treats tonight and i joked to mum that it looked like someone had took the scissors to his ears - the hair, not his skin! It was all jagged, if you know what i mean? I looked closer and picked at the funny looking bits and they were all loose, coming out in little bitty clumps.

They do chase each other occasionally, i noticed they were doing it this morning before work. Anyway, i checked his ears as i know how nippy Dolly can be. He was fine, but the way the hair is coming out is just weird.

All i can think is that theyve been having a bit of a hooha!...then ear mites popped into my head, its only around the edges though.

Any thoughts/ideas? Unless theres a chance it could be ear mites, im not really worried, its just weird!

Could he just be moulting? My chloe is going through a big moult at the moment - it started with small clumps falling out. Looked like her mate had been pulling her fur out at first, but then it all started falling out in clumps!!

Could he just be moulting? My chloe is going through a big moult at the moment - it started with small clumps falling out. Looked like her mate had been pulling her fur out at first, but then it all started falling out in clumps!!

Well i thought that, hes never moulted his ears though. If you look at the clumps, it actually looks like its been done with scissors :lol:

Ill have a good look again when i go out in the morning, its too dark now. Didnt really think anything of it, until mum went and said he might have mites...eventhough she was joking! :roll:

Back