• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My poor Reed.

B3rnie69

Warren Scout
A few hours ago Reed went from his normal happy self to a wobbly, unhappy looking boy :(

I noticed his head had tilted slightly also, so without hesitation I phoned the vet and told her I was on my way.
Unfortunately my worst fears were confirmed Reed has EC :( (when his blood tests come back they will confirm it further but we decided to take tests to rule everything out)
So my poor boy was given a steriod shot (as he went from walking to unable to stand in 20 mins), he is on a course of Baytril, Metacam and all 8 are on a course of panacur.
I have also had to put him in quarantine :(

Any spare vibes for my poor boy are very much needed right now.
I really don't understand why this is happening I am religious with my worming programme and they only had a course when Heather and Ella turned up :(

Awww,Im sorry.Hope he feels better soon.xxx
My vet says that giving panacur is just like having an MOT.Its ok at the time of giving, but after that, it means not alot.
(He used to work at Langford.6 yrs at the bunny only referral centre and knows his stuff.)

Bumping for my poor man :(

66 views and only 5 replies, obviously I'm not one of the popular ones on here then :?

Last edited:
Back