• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House bunny revamps and re-arrangings Q

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
D&D have numerous boxes and tunnels strewn across my lounge and dining room floor (as well as toys!)! Because they have quite a lot I tend to put them in similar places mainly so I can still move around easily! But the question is, do bunnies need familiarity ie things in the same place more or less than they need everything frequently changing around for stimulation? What is best big changes or little changes?!

Last edited:
hey bumping up for you... mine are outside and have various things in thier run... tunnels and hideouts that i often move around. Unsure whats best though....

Lady Jane: My conservatory furniture is often moved around. It gives me lots of things to explore and keeps me busy.

Buttercup: If any of my stuff gets moved I move it straight back to where it started from.

Dandelion: And me.

Clover: Me too.

Thank you bunnies of Blackberry warren but that really hasn't helped :lol::lol:

Rosienbell yes it's a tricky one if only we could ask them :lol:

I was reading something only yesterday about this. I can't remember where it was to link to :oops: but it said that they like a bit of variety but that too much change can unsettle them.... so I would say little changes.

(And Alfie told me to say that bucks are very distressed by over-exposure to the colour pink, so it's best to avoid pink altogether) ;) :lol::lol::lol:

I ca't move the trio's because Honeys patially sighted and it causes hell and numerous stress but when I had bunnies seperate to her I try nd keep most things the same but move a few tiny items every few days :)

I think its a partcular thing to each individual bunny. My lot are house buns but they don't mind stuff being moved around and changed sometimes. They must always have a house to offer cover otherwise Beatrix gets spooked.

Thank you bunnies of Blackberry warren but that really hasn't helped :lol::lol:

Rosienbell yes it's a tricky one if only we could ask them :lol:

Lady Jane really doesn't mind how often the conservatory furniture is moved around - she enjoys exploring it, but her hutch layout stays the same (simply because there are less places to put things) - it doesn't seem to unsettle her at all.

The Boys have had big change arounds in both sides of the aviary, and again, so long as it's their stuff and smells of them they are happy, although little things, like if I move a tunnel, they will just put things back to where they were before.

I guess a lot will depend on the buns temperament. Mine all had a lot of changes in their early lives before they came to me, so perhaps they are used to it?

Buckley will let me move things around. But he will rearrange everything again so it's how he likes it. I think he enjoys little changes like his sulking box moving along the wall as he can drag it back to the place he likes it to be before he sulks haha.

He doesn't particularly care where his litter tray is, he recognises it no matter where I put it, doesn't try and move it either, I tend to keep it on the same side of the room wherever we are though, for my own sanity.

But if I move his base he gets very upset and hides. And doesn't come out for ages. I guess it's like rearranging your bedroom, it's absolutely fine and it's fun for a while but if you had to change bedrooms it would become quite a big thing and you probably wouldn't feel right for a while.

Back