• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

look what i made for the bunnies :D (picture heavy)

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
all the ingredients
IMG_5321.jpg

put hay in a box and added mint (50p asda)
IMG_5322.jpg

added parsley (50p asda)
IMG_5323.jpg

and locust beans (54p wilkos)
IMG_5324.jpg

then a dandelion and green oat foraging treat thing (£2 wilkos)
IMG_5325.jpg

mixed it alllllll together
IMG_5326.jpg

filled a brown paper bag (bags 89p for 10 from home bargains)
IMG_5327.jpg

then a second bag
IMG_5328.jpg

then put them in the cage.
both bunnies went wild!!!
IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5330.jpg

my head is stuck mum, but it's too tasty, i'm not getting out
IMG_5331.jpg

IMG_5332.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

(left the handles on as they are supervised. if i was going out or not around, then i would cut the handles off for safety)

if you don't have one near you and wanted some bags, i'd be happy to pick some up for you and post them to you :)

Aww thats really kind, thank you.

I will have a scout about, im sure there is a branch in Linlithgow, and i will be at that end of Scotland in a week or two. If i cant get them, i will take you up on your kind offer, thank you very much.

Bunsk: Snowball and Bubbles, you is vewy lucky bunnehs! Mummy said she brought Belle and me a prezzie. It was a empty carbooord box. Nothing nommy in it at all. I sat and ate my pellets in it, but nofink grand like what yous twos has got!

Bunsk: Snowball and Bubbles, you is vewy lucky bunnehs! Mummy said she brought Belle and me a prezzie. It was a empty carbooord box. Nothing nommy in it at all. I sat and ate my pellets in it, but nofink grand like what yous twos has got!

Snowball to bunsk and belle, my mummy says fear not, she is coming to visit you both tomorrow and she said she will bring you nommy presents too.

they aren't actual locusts :lol:
they are beaphar treats for rabbits.
guessing they aren't too good for them, but don't see the harm once in a while as a treat :)

There are a few topics on here about them, saying the seeds that sometimes get left in them can be poisonous

PLEASE DONT FEED LOCUST BEANS TO YOUR BUNNY!!

They have been known to cause FATAL GI obstruction :cry:

Janex

:?

Most posts say only the seeds though. x

Last edited:
:love::love::love::love: looks great!
Id cut the handles off anyways..:D.my little Indiana got very stuck once and panicked and tried to run away every time we tried to help her...she was also being supervised....poor thing...I felt ever so bad as she just panicked...:cry:

The seeds are poisonous to rabbits and can be fatal, personally I wouldn't feed locust beans to rabbits

very lucky bunnies, a good idea mixing the herbs in the hay etc, id avoid the locust beans, but apart from that fab idea and your bunnies seem to have enjoyed their treats

Back