• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molting

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Is anyone elses buns molting badly? There seems to always be fur flying around the living room at the moment. We are brushing Milo but I am scared that he will go bald with the amount of fur he is losing :shock:

Yes! Alfie's been moulting badly for ages and he always look a mess because of the colour of his fur. Bubbles seems to be going through quite a moult this year too - it's not to easy to see on her but her back side is very tatty. :lol::lol::lol:

Yep! Max got his moult out the way a few weeks ago but currently Timmy, Mimi and Charlotte look like right scruff bags, and theres fur flying round my whole house :roll:

Charlotte has developed a little white heart shaped patch on her back, its so sweet :love:

Orla stopped moulting in April but Rodge is moulting so badly, im worried people passing the garden will think im neglecting him! :shock:

Cant get near him with a brush so have to pull bits out when I get the chance!

All of mine and it seems to be lasting ages! Got tufts everywhere and a permanant tickle in my throat :( Vodka and chocolate seems to clear it though :D

Rodge has went from being a black and white bun to a TAN & white bun, im not kidding!

Does anyone elses bun change colour so drastically?

Yes. Bluebell moult is awful he looks so tatty, his blue bits have also gone brown in some places presumably bleached by the sun but its so patchy it almost looks like dirt. Top that off with the fact he's a little on the skinny side as he's poorly, You'd think he was neglected.

Yes. Bluebell moult is awful he looks so tatty, his blue bits have also gone brown in some places presumably bleached by the sun but its so patchy it almost looks like dirt. Top that off with the fact he's a little on the skinny side as he's poorly, You'd think he was neglected.

All of Rodges black spots have turned light brown/tan but still has a black face....very odd. :lol:

Spenser had the most tremendous moult this year, but never looked in any danger of going bald as he has so much fur. :lol: Almost his whole mane fell out, but it has grown back even longer, and his furnishing are also very long now, probably twice as long as before. :shock:

Rodge has went from being a black and white bun to a TAN & white bun, im not kidding!

Yes, Thumper has even been a cream fudge colour with black face & points, but it's usually more subtle - ginger stripes on his bum. :lol:
I never know exactly what he'll look like after each moult.
Little fella can't manage a proper moult now, so he's got moult lines all the time.

Kittens moulting like crazy at the moment white candy floss fur everywhere ive been sneezing like mad! Ive been trying to brush as much as i can out as she had what can only be described as erm 'poop on a string!' so she must have been ingesting some! yuk x

Back