• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered today! :(

kt6382

Warren Scout
Hi, I've been hunting around researching bunny neutering as my 2 boys have gone in to the vets today and I'm panicking about them!! :( I'm not sure what to do with them when they get home, some places say to keep them inside, but our house is pretty hot at the moment and they have never been kept inside. The vet nurse said they'd be fine in their shed, with a box to sleep in rather than jumping up to their hutches. I was planning to fill a box with hay / straw / sawdust for each of them... but then I've just read that they shouldn't really sit on hay / straw after the op?!! They do have an old towel each, I suppose they could sit on those??
Just worrying because they're not here and I can't help them!!
Any advice would be great as will hopefully help me chill out. I'm thinking it's best for them to go back into their shed as that's what they are used to. Am I allowed to let them out tomorrow though? They hate being shut inside the shed all day?! Sorry too many questions!! Panicked owner!!!!

You don't really have to do anything differently, just keep an eye on them and make sure they aren't overgrooming the area or taking out any stitches. Just keep giving them lots of hay and they should be okay. :)

Ok, so will they be ok in their shed like normal, with a box of straw / hay to sleep in... And possibly in a small run outside tomorrow so they don't get bored?
Thanks for replying so quick :)

wen smudge was neutered i was told he should be on rest for the first 3-5 days u will probably have to take em for a check up on the 3rd day anyway not sure if all vets do that but mine did......no running about just hutch rest:D
dur forgot to add not straw cos could be uncomfy on there bits or not bits anymore if u see wat i mean lol

PHEWEEE!!! They both seem to be eating and pooing! Nowhere near as much as usual but they definately are managing a bit of food (and it's coming out the other end!). A good sign :)
They've also perked up a little bit more and are now enjoying some fresh grass in the sunshine, happy buns :)

PHEWEEE!!! They both seem to be eating and pooing! Nowhere near as much as usual but they definately are managing a bit of food (and it's coming out the other end!). A good sign :)
They've also perked up a little bit more and are now enjoying some fresh grass in the sunshine, happy buns :)

Sounds like it went really well and both buns are recovering well already :D Lots of rest and TLC over the next few days and Im sure they'll be fine :wave:

Back