• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vet Bed's arrived!!!!!

hannah.mc

Warren Scout
What do people do with vetbeds when they first get them?
I have a rescue bun I'm settling in. He's been with me 4-6 weeks and has developed an ear infection and some upper airways noises hence the vet bed (trying to reduce allergens as much as possible!!!)
I don't know how I didn't know about vetbeds before especially since I've had poorly buns before and bedded them down in lots of hay etc.
Anyway, my reason for posting is I'm anticipating Isaac marking his vet bed with a few pees but then I think he'll keep it dry same as he's done with his hay bed (peed in it a couple of times to make it his own and since then completely dry and clean). Once he's marked it is it best to rinse it so to him it still smells of Isaac or shall I properly wash it?
Sorry, just realised I've made 1 simple question into 3 paragraphs!!!!!
Thanks in advance!

:wave: I would give it a quick wash. I normally collect all my blankets and take them to the launderette :oops: All washed and dried within an hour and no hay in the machine;)

I have a laundry bag (from a horse clothing suppliers) that stops any fur or fluff going in the machine. :thumb:

Back