• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have to give Jazzy & Lilah back to there old owner :'(// UPDATE post 80

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry::cry:

Can't explain how devestated & upset I am right now :cry::cry::cry:

Dad's mate text saying his daughter is missing the bunnies..and that he wants them back, and that can he pick them up tomorrow :cry: Dad phoned and tried so hard to get him to let us keep them..but he was having none of it :cry::cry: Dad didn't want to cause any arguement..so he just said fine have them back :cry:

He's coming to get them tomorrow at 3pm :cry::cry:

How could he do this?? They aren't his:( They're my bunnies.:cry: My babies :cry:
I've been crying since half 9 :cry:

:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Oh no :( How long have you had them for? That's not fair. I wonder how long until she gets fed up with them again :roll:

You poor soul. It gave you such a boost when you got them. Maybe your dad will be more open to a friend for Sox now? I feel terrible for you both.

You said this on the thread when you got them:

On Monday dad came home with 2 bunnies and a hutch. His mate bought them for his daughter but she's decided they're too 'time consuming, smelly, expensive and they have sharp claws', so she's completely neglecting them. Not cleaning them, not filling up water bottles, only feeding them when she can be bothered 'cos they're chubby' (they're not, they're quite skinny actually :cry:). They had no toys or hay either :cry:

Surely you cannot give them back if they aren't going to be looked after properly? :cry:

Tell them it's unfair to break the bond, it would be like splitting up a family, and that you will not and can not give them back.

aww my gosh that's so sad. :cry: Tell them you can't split a bonded trio! *hugs* They can't have them, legally they are YOUR pets. x

i dont think he'll be bothered tbh :cry: they were practically neglected..they dont give a flying...about the welfare..im gonna buy a few bags of hay for them to go with cos they said they aren't wasting the money on something they dont need. L & J LOVE hay..:(:(

oh gosh i've just thought of something..if Lilah gets stasis again they WONT take her to the vets..and i've seen how quickly she gets worse. :cry::cry: she'll die :cry:oh god my poor babies:cry:

they were horribly mistreated..thats part of why im so upset :cry: but dad said he could have them..he said that legally he couldn't just say he couldn't have them back :cry: dad goes to this mans house all the time..he said he can check up on them :cry: doesnt change the fact that they wont be mine anymore, I love them sooo much and so does Sox :cry:

would id not be illegal for me to just say 'sorry, they're mine you can't have them' :? ???

I'll mention about breaking the bond being cruel..but dont think it'll change anything :cry::cry:
xx

Refuse to give them back if you think they will mistreat them and won't provide the correct food or medical treatment.

ETA - why would it be illegal? They gave them to you. They are yours now.

Tell them they're not their rabbits anymore, you care deeply about them, spent a lot of money on them, and can't believe they'd suggest forcing you to give them back. If they insist tell them to get their own rabbits. By the way they sound, a rabbit is a rabbit to them, so why should they want their old ones back?

Hopefully they give up and don't get anymore rabbits :(

No, it's not illegal. Once they were given to you they became your pet and your responsibility. Nobody can force you to give them up and I would stick to your guns and refuse to let them go.

If I were you I would cry my heart out in front of your dad and then calmly or first calmly state all the facts about the care or lack of that the girl gave them. It certainly isn't fair to you but most importantly it is not fair to all the bunnies involved. I hope that it gets worked out so you do not have to give them back. Maybe you could offer the girl some money for them and make her sign a contract that they are now yours. Hey, she might very well want money more then them.

No, it's not illegal. Once they were given to you they became your pet and your responsibility. Nobody can force you to give them up and I would stick to your guns and refuse to let them go.

exactly my point :thumb: If my aunty wanted Blossom back she wouldn't get her! But she couldn't care less about her anyway and wanted her dead. :cry:

I hope you can keep Jazzy and Lilah :(

Refuse to give them back. They're yours now. Horrible people. They legally can't ask for them back and as you've taken them to the vets then you have proof they're yours. Talk to your dad and see if he will back you up. You don't give something to someone then ask for it back, let alone a pet. How horrible for you. :(

Can you dissuade her at all? talk about how much they bite you or scratch you or how much the vet bills were?

That's not fair at all :( They can't just expect to be able to get them back whenever they want. They are your pets, and if they wanted them so badly they shouldn't have given them away. I really hope you can keep them, it sounds like you take much better care than the care they had with their previous owner.

If they are so fussed about getting them back then total the exact amount you have spent on L&J since you have been looking after them, vet bills, hay, food etc and give them the bill that they owe you! Because it just sounds to be that they have used you like rabbit boarding.

I can guarentee that they would rather you kept the buns then pay out money!

If they are so fussed about getting them back then total the exact amount you have spent on L&J since you have been looking after them, vet bills, hay, food etc and give them the bill that they owe you! Because it just sounds to be that they have used you like rabbit boarding.

I can guarentee that they would rather you kept the buns then pay out money!

I would do this...I reckon would put them off wanting them back when they see how expensive bunnies can really be and probably won't want to cough up the dosh. Good luck x

dad's already said they can get them, its too late to phone them tonight.
I'll try tomorrow, i'll try begging them and offering them money, i never thought of that. all i have's £200 not sure if dad's let me give it away tho :(

I'll show them lilah's big vet bill from sunday.
dad reported them a while ago because of the state their dog was in..but the sspca done nothing about it :(

i can't give them back :( but dont know how else to get around it..
so its definateely not illegal for me to just refuse to give them back?? dont know how well that would go down but I'll try anything :(

ty everyone x

Back