• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it cruel

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
to bond yuki and yuri when yuki is 4 years old and yuri is a year old my oh just said he thinks it cruel as yuki is older and when she passes away it wont be fair to yuri............

i was all excited about it until now.....

Only if it's cruel to bond sick animals with other animals.

I don't think so. You don't know what the future holds, or who will die first. You just can't know. Animals only deal with the present and that's what we need to do when dealing with them (for the most part).

So no, I don't think it's cruel, plus 3 years isn't a huge difference anyway.

I've had older bonded with younger, sick bonded with healthy. If the rabbits are happy in the present then that's all that matters.

Course not, there is no guarantee Yuki would die first. Theres only a 3 year difference between them. I was going to bond Izzy to my young buns before he passed away and he was over 5 (and he didn't die of natural causes, I'm sure he could have lived years more).

snowball isn't even 1 yet, bubbles is about 2

i don't think it's cruel, there is no telling what could happen and how long a rabbit will live :wave:

No, I dont think so. Any rabbit can die at any age.

I partly thought this too and partly felt sad...

I will still bond them he just seems to be really annoyed when I bring up bonding the buns and takling about getting them out the cages and into pens etc.. to have more space

its stating to really upset me

my pearl died before her 3rd birthday. rabbits are too unpredictable to expect them to make it to old age and outlive a partner :(

i think age really don't matter apart from any bun over 5 is un-insurable so i wouldn't adopt a bunny to age match anyhows if i had an older bunny looking for love.

Heh?

Whichever two buns you bonded, one would die first. Surely he doesn't think if you bonded two, 1-yr-old rabbits they would both die on the same day? :?

When my buns pass away I always re bond the remaining one with a new partner as soon as possible so they're not alone for long. They adapt and are happy :)

Heh?

Whichever two buns you bonded, one would die first. Surely he doesn't think if you bonded two, 1-yr-old rabbits they would both die on the same day? :?

When my buns pass away I always re bond the remaining one with a new partner as soon as possible so they're not alone for long. They adapt and are happy :)

he was concerned as he said we may not be able to afford the bun another partner several years down the line >_< but i was like if we can afford two up until that point surely it will be fine....

hes just been really negative everything bun related recently because I am actually putting plans into action, plans I got okayed by him before doing.....

I am bidding for dog carts and pens atm too and hes been cranky about that but he knows how much seeing them in the cages they have atm upsets me we have only just been able to do something about it and now we can I want to...

going to have to sit down and have a proper chat with him again..........

Sounds like he's getting jealous of the amount of time (& money?) you're spending on your bunnies!

which is silly as I make sure to give him an hour pamper every night, where I either massage him, or give him cake i baked and watch a film he wants to watch, play a gam that he likes with him etc... ¬_¬ sigh.... men....

he was concerned as he said we may not be able to afford the bun another partner several years down the line >_< but i was like if we can afford two up until that point surely it will be fine....

hes just been really negative everything bun related recently because I am actually putting plans into action, plans I got okayed by him before doing.....

I am bidding for dog carts and pens atm too and hes been cranky about that but he knows how much seeing them in the cages they have atm upsets me we have only just been able to do something about it and now we can I want to...

going to have to sit down and have a proper chat with him again..........

Well *if* that happens....the remaining bun will be alone for maybe a few months or years until your finances ae back on track....but if you don't bond them at all they will both be alone for EVER :shock: And it seems that if you can afford them up until one of them passes on...why would you then suddenly stop being able to afford them, afterwards?

His logic sounds a bit shaky to me. Maybe it's just that other things are getting to him and he's feeling cranky. Hope you can get it sorted out anyway, we would all love to see pics of Yuki and Yuri all loved up ;)

As folk have said, theres no guarantee that every bun lives to be the same age. As you know I have 2, and there is a 2 year gap between their ages.

One bun will inevitably outlive the other if left to mother nature, and it's not always the oldest bun that goes first. When that happens you can either get the remaining bun a new partner, or assuming they still have housebunyn status, it may be enough for them to live on their own if they get lots of attention from the hoomins :wave:

Well *if* that happens....the remaining bun will be alone for maybe a few months or years until your finances ae back on track....but if you don't bond them at all they will both be alone for EVER :shock: And it seems that if you can afford them up until one of them passes on...why would you then suddenly stop being able to afford them, afterwards?

His logic sounds a bit shaky to me. Maybe it's just that other things are getting to him and he's feeling cranky. Hope you can get it sorted out anyway, we would all love to see pics of Yuki and Yuri all loved up ;)

thats exactly what I thought hes been very tired lately...

the last part made me sqweee ^_^ I cannot wait :D

but am nervous too

As folk have said, theres no guarantee that every bun lives to be the same age. As you know I have 2, and there is a 2 year gap between their ages.

One bun will inevitably outlive the other if left to mother nature, and it's not always the oldest bun that goes first. When that happens you can either get the remaining bun a new partner, or assuming they still have housebunyn status, it may be enough for them to live on their own if they get lots of attention from the hoomins :wave:

I said this I think hes just being moody >_<

Back