• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can I ask for some vibes * Update page 2 *

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
I tend to waffle in my posts when I'm stressed so will try and keep it as brief as poss, Lola my beautiful bun in the middle of my sig for some reason unknown to us became absolutely spooked when we came home earlier, we were talking so she knew we were there, but decided to furiously throw herself back and forth in her cage, bashing herself in the head repeatedly, even though her door was wide open. I was calling her and went to try and get her to stop and she rushed past me and flew round the living room at a hundred miles an hour, bashing into everything again, absolutely frantic. It came to an abrupt halt when somehow went into a reusable shopping bag that was on the floor with toys in and just stopped moving. She was pretty much upside down and completely limp. I got her out thinking she had died/was dying :(

She just hid under my arm, not making any attempt to move, it seemed her limbs were unresponsive, and she had just switched off. I raced to the vet and he gave her a really good checking over and some meds to help combat shock.

She has done a big stinky ceac, I presume this is to do with the medicine she had (steroids?) but has not passed normal bumbles yet. I've been tempting her to eat, and she has just gone and had some pellets by herself, and nibbling at a bit of hay, but I know how fragile bunnies can be after something like this.

She was having such a nice time free ranging this morning, and when I laid down on the floor with her she was binkying round me and I thought just how much I loved her and her smiley face :love: now this has happened :cry:

Please can we have some vibes that the shock doesn't get her :( I'm going to sleep downstairs with her tonight :(

Last edited:
Thank you everyone it really means alot

Jane - yes she is a lionhead cross, I'll be keeping my eye on that. Thank you for finding the article. :)

She has now done lots of normal bumbles, and got up to eat pellets and carrot tops. She is currently stretched out rather than hunched, so I hope she is feeling more relaxed. She tucked into hay aswell, I only ever see her eating it with gusto like that when she doesn't feel quite right, after vacs, when she pulled a claw recently etc

I feel drained of all energy, & like my heart has skipped a beat and it feels so heavy in my chest.

Adding to the list of well wishers. It does sound like she may ahve had a sort of fit. Hope a one-off, and back to normal soon, and you had a good night tonight.

Lola made it through the night, eating all her pellets and greens, and produced the biggest pile of bumbles she ever has done :love:

Me and OH slept on the living room floor (she's in the joining dining room), but I decided in the night that actually it probably wasn't the best idea to get up and look at her incase it spooked her all over again, but at least being that close meant I could hear she was getting up to drink. I ache like mad today though!

She is still looking like she is a bit wobbly, but I'm guessing it will take her a couple of days to get back to full strength after such a shock. I will let her out later to monitor her behaviour, but for now she is on bed rest so to speak. She just did a DBF (thanks Lola :roll:) which made my heart race!

Thank you all for your good wishes from us both :love:

Glad to hear that Lola is doing well. Hope that she is 100% herself this evening. It must have been such a shock for you and her. Sending vibes.

Oh bless Lola - what an awful thing to happen :cry::cry::cry: Sending lots of vibes & hoping she's feeling a lot better now xxx

Back