• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big & Beige's bunny mummy

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
This is BunBun mummy to Big, Beige, Speckled and Tiger babies.

Bridge1.gif

I was fostering her for BARC when she had her first litter, she was only a baby herself. Sadly she died a week after the babies were born, she was an inbred bunny herself and B & B are also inbred. The silly family she came from had two bunnies who bred then bred with first litter then the first litter and mum and dad bred then... Fortunately BARC were able to step in and put a stop to the situation.

Poor Speckled and Tiger baby died after two or three weeks but Big and Beige fought on and are still my very special babies today.

Big being hand reared
Kitfeeding2.gif

Beige being hand reared

kitfeeding1.gif

All the babies

Kits29508.gif

Last edited:
A sad story, but Big and Beige have done well to become such strong and impressive bunnies.:thumb: It must have been very difficult to get them through those first few weeks when they should have been with mummy bunny. :(

When I saw the first photo of Big being hand fed I couldn't understand how you could call anything so tiny 'Big'. Then I saw the last photo...:lol:

All beautiful, so sad only Big and Beige survived.

Really sad they didnt all survive......:(
Now I know B and Bs story, I love them all the more.:love::love:
Noserubs to the pair of them.xxx

Big & Beige have done wonderfully after such a sad start. I remember looking up their 'milk time' threads a while ago - adorable :love:

:( :love:

ETA: I can see why Big is called Big by the last photo!

Yes, Big, Beige, Speckled and Tiger were just nick names until they were sexed, however they sort of stuck :lol:

Yes there are lots of B and B growing up threads :lol:

Aww - baby B & B!:love:

No wonder they're such good looking buns with a mummy bun like that! So sad BunBun didn't have more time with you and her kits.

billy wants to know how he's related to her, because " i looks likes her and shess very pretty":love: and i is doing the same in this pic!
billy198.jpg

Last edited:
billy wants to know how he's related to her, because " i looks likes her and shess very pretty":love: and i is doing the same in this pic!
billy198.jpg

Beige: Hmmm lets see you could be our cousin and our uncle

Big: Yes or you could be our nephew twice removed

Beige: Yes it's complicated

Big: Very complicated

Not having known the history of the special sibblings, I've always wondered about the name Big but not quite liked to ask. :oops: Now I know! :lol:

Not having known the history of the special sibblings, I've always wondered about the name Big but not quite liked to ask. :oops: Now I know! :lol:

It gets more complicated because her full name is Big Dhillon Bunty BunBun/
I will explain the Dhillon Bunty another time :lol:

Back