• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok to give fibre plex on food?

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Spudsey has been given fibre plex and metacam from the vets after she had her dental yesterday. Being a wildie handling her is not always easy although we currently have both bunnies inside so as she is not in her normal surroundings she is a bit nervous and therefore is letting me pick her up. Although when she starts getting back to normal I'm going to put her back outside as I don't think she'll be too impressed with staying inside and will soon be rattling the bars!
However once she is outside it will mean I will need to try and 'catch her' at least twice a day to give her the medicines. Is it at all possible to administer at least the fibre plex on some food so I don't have to try and get two things down her?
Thankfully my o/h has been great and has been doing the administrating whilst I hold her!

I administer a lot of meds on food including both metacam and fibreplex (bunny willing). I tend to use basil for both of those, but with a bit of creativity you could use anything really.

I administer a lot of meds on food including both metacam and fibreplex (bunny willing). I tend to use basil for both of those, but with a bit of creativity you could use anything really.

Great thank you. There are lots of yummy things Spuds likes to eat so I may resort to giving her them this way rather than stress her out.

Back