• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oxbow Critical Care

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Is it ok to give this to a bunnie who although he eats well is not gaining weight and appears too skinny? My vet recommended this along with critical care and or avipro plus. I'm not sure which is best.
Bilbo does not seem to be ill and is acting quite normal and eating a decent amount of everything but he has lost a small amount of weight :(

Critical care is just like the dust left in SS Bags as far as Im aware. I'd be tempted to try porridge instead. Critical care hasnt ever appealed to any of my lot, it has an odd consistancy however much water is mixed with it X

Thank you Amy, I shall ask my vet about those, they look good. Are they tablets or powder?

That's what I though Becki, I wonder if he would eat porridge willingly :lol:

They helped Bluebell with his weight a treat (He's poorly) when he'd eat them. From what I gather most bunnies love them, Guess he's just fussy.

The tub is huge for the price. I was expecting a tiny one live the avipro but its about 3 x that size.

That's what I though Becki, I wonder if he would eat porridge willingly :lol:

Ooh Im sure he'd give it a go :lol: Dylans fussy about food but she'll happily sit her way through a bowl of it (I make it quite watery) - she's constantly got it dried all over her face :oops::lol:

I use the Protexin Profibre for weight gain (and to add fibre) for Kenco, it has worked a treat and helped to make his poos a bit better as well.

I just add a scoop to their usual pellets, its a big tub and lasts ages x

Thank you everyone. I have asked the vet to order some in so hopefully I shall have a tub for Bilbo by the end of the week. He is really worrying me with weight atm. He is moulting too which makes him look even thinner but the new fur is very plush and fine. He just ate a whole carrot just now :shock:

Moulting can sometimes have an effect on weight aswell, I don't know why but the seem to burn alot of calories when the moult.

Moulting can sometimes have an effect on weight aswell, I don't know why but the seem to burn alot of calories when the moult.

Maybe that is all it is. Its only been recent tbh. He is a little boy as it is, 1.8Kg when he was neutered and very finely built.

Back