• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stolen Rabbit Appeal - Blackpool

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
There was an article in the local paper that read:

The theft of two giant rabbits has left a Cleveleys couple devastated. Eric the French giant lo-eared rabbit weighs more than two stones and his partner Minsie is around half that weight.

And owners Brian and Rebecca Geddes, of Anchorsholme Lane, believe the rare pets may have been stolen to order.

Mr Geddes said "We got up in the morning and they were just missing."

The rabbits went missing last Wednesday and Mr and Mrs Geddes spent two hours searching their garden before calling the police who are investigating. Anyone with any information about the rabbits should call police on 01253 876611.

Those poor bunny owners, they must be devastated! I would be if my two were stolen!!

Just thought I'd share this! :(

This is one of my worst nightmares, as well as losing them and just not knowing where they are.

I'd rather know what had happened to them than not know :(

If I were this couple I would get as much publicity as possible.

I really cant get my head around how anyone could do this... this isnt belongings like a tv, computer etc... this is life, pets they are part of the family.... how could someone take a pet..... they have to know the feelings and heart break behind that .....

This is one of my worst nightmares, as well as losing them and just not knowing where they are.

I'd rather know what had happened to them than not know :(

If I were this couple I would get as much publicity as possible.

Exactly how I feel, I don't think I could bear not knowing if they were ok. My heart goes out to this couple and anyone else who has had their pets stolen.

They need to get as much publicity and word of mouth spread as possible - make the buns "too hot to handle".

I dont get it, we all know rabbits are in abundance everywhere, pet shops, rescues, back yard breeders, free ads! I'm sure it would be easy enough to get two large rabbits and its not like they cost a fortune if you have to pay for them, why whould you go out of your way to steel someones much loved family members, it's so sad. I can't begin to imagine what it must feel like :cry:

If these rabbits were free-ranging in the garden, could they have been taken by a fox or something?

I very much doubt they would have been stolen to order, as even giant rabbits are worth very little money. If they have been stolen I suspect the person who did it may not have good intentions towards the rabbits :cry:

how awful.. it's one of my biggest fears to have a pet go missing and not knowing where or how they are. so sad. :(

Back