• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do?

lucy24

Mama Doe
hello. Charlie seems to really hate being in his hutch! he attacks the door and throws things in it! Today i brought him inside for a run around as it was such bad weather- he licked me, binkyed everywhere and came to me for cuddles! he was a house rabbit for the 1st 3 weeks of having him. should he be kept as a house bunny? im just worried he's not happy outside.:( if yes then how on earth do i convince my parents!!!? :lol:

I think he will like the company indoors. I personally think that a single outdoor bun gets bored. Could you get him a friend? (Both neutered / spayed)

i am thinking of getting him a friend when he's neutered yes:) do you think he'd be ok outside then? -with his wifeybun?:)

oh good, ive been so worried about him. right now he's running around with brocoli in his mouth! :lol::lol:

i would try and keep him where he is happiest for now.....it takes about 6 weeks after being neutered for him to be safe but if u are thinking of getting a spayed bun for him shouldnt be as long as that b4 u can try bonding or ask a rescue to do it for u :D

If it was me I'd bring him in. Also, if you get him a wife from a rescue she will already be spayed so you can get on with bonding 3 weeks after he has been castrated. If this is before October then they can live outside. If after October you will need to keep them both in until spring as they won't have grown a winter coat.

Personally I would keep him indoors if you can. They cant be bonded until at least 6 weeks after a neuter so the hormones die down. Do you think your parents would be ok with this? If not could you bring him in for a while each day when you are home. Its ok at this time of year as the temperature change between indoor and outdoors isnt too different.

How much space does he have? If his hutch isnt that big or doesnt have a run attached he could be bored and frustrated. A friend will help but he does need to have been neutered for at least 6 weeks before you try to bond

his hutch is 6x2x2ft he has a run but at the moment its not attached as im trying to figure out how to keep the run safe from animals digging in or out. he'll be 4 months on the 22nd of this month but am waiting till first week in august to get him done. hopefully his pre op check will be ok. then i want to find a rescue bun!:) i have my eye on a few :p:love:

Back