• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal?

skgreene

Warren Scout
In Jan me and my partner required a female mini lop who is now about 10-13 months old.

Bonding was very good apart from a little chasing in the begining , they have been living together since the end of may quite happliy with no issue, but this morning harry was chasing mia and visa versa they have both been mounting one another.Is this normal domiance behaviour or the bond not working :? or mia not been sprayed yet ? Mia is due to be sprayed now, as our vet is happy with her weight. (she was underweight when we got her and now more healthy weight, harry is about 2 1/2 years old and was neteured by my vet atleast a year and a half ago)

im aware of issue of infections in unneteured female thus why she will be sprayed soon.

Any thoughs on this matters, would really help, as i feel ive failed them both in case i've done something wrong.

I would think it is Mias hormones kicking in. I bonded Peter and Posy before Posy was old enough to be spayed. It was a very easy bond but as soon as her hormones kicked in the had a fight and had to be separated. As soon as she had recovered from her spay they were rebonded and have lived happily ever since.

I would recommend getting Mia spayed asap if the vet thinks she is well enough.

I'd agree her hormones are probably kicking in. Don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong aslong as she gets spayed as soon as possible now your vet is happy with her weight I'm sure it will be fine. Can you ask your vet if you can take them both to the vets, it will save you rebonding after her op.

Back