• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grimlock's operation went well. Pictures post 19

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I got to see my usual vet and talked to her about everything so I was happy. Grim was fine under the anesthetic. He's had his incisors out, back teeth filed and tear ducts flushed. The vets still can't get hold of the eye drops he needs so he's just on baytril and the nebuliser for now but hopefully that will be enough.

He's home and he's eaten. :)

Thats great to hear. Poor Grim, had a hard time lately.

Sounds like he will be so much better now.

Its taken so long with Babydarling. Only really been the last 2 weeks he has been back to normal. How long has that been. About 2 months ?

Still his left eye not 100% but at least Babydarling is.

Great news :D

What are the eye drops called ?

I know a pharmacist who is like a Blood Hound when on the hunt for 'unobtainable' meds. Tell him you cant find it and he finds it.....LEGALLY of course !!

Great news :D

What are the eye drops called ?

I know a pharmacist who is like a Blood Hound when on the hunt for 'unobtainable' meds. Tell him you cant find it and he finds it.....LEGALLY of course !!

I'm not 100% sure as I've run out of it here. I think my vet is on a hunt so I'll ask her when I next speak to her and let you know. :wave: His eyes are irritated by the normal drops, is it Futhalmic? So he has a sort of cream which I think is meant for cattle...

But I also wanted to say I followed your advice about painkillers after dentals. :) I always get painkillers anyway, but I decided to give him some more 12 hours after his injection at the vets rather than 24 hours later. I woke up at 5am because I needed the toilet so I checked on him and gave him some more food and he was wolfing it down. You'd never believe he'd just had major surgery to remove teeth, have teeth filed down and have his tear ducts flushed too. He's eating well now too, I just can't believe how quickly he seems to have recovered from it all. :)

I'm not 100% sure as I've run out of it here. I think my vet is on a hunt so I'll ask her when I next speak to her and let you know. :wave: His eyes are irritated by the normal drops, is it Futhalmic? So he has a sort of cream which I think is meant for cattle...

But I also wanted to say I followed your advice about painkillers after dentals. :) I always get painkillers anyway, but I decided to give him some more 12 hours after his injection at the vets rather than 24 hours later. I woke up at 5am because I needed the toilet so I checked on him and gave him some more food and he was wolfing it down. You'd never believe he'd just had major surgery to remove teeth, have teeth filed down and have his tear ducts flushed too. He's eating well now too, I just can't believe how quickly he seems to have recovered from it all. :)

Fucithalmic :) It's an abx eye drop if i remember rightly.

Im delighted.Hes been through so much, but comes out fighting!! Pics please!!!!!

He was fighting the GA all the way. He wouldn't sleep, he sat up at home, rocking slightly and wouldn't sleep it off! :love: I'll go and get pictures now. :wave:

Pictures. :love:

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

Back