• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

buster screamed!

busterandme

Warren Scout
hi all,

my OH just stepped on buster's foot by accident, and buster screamed. he is hopping around like nothing has happened and i've checked all his paws and no visible damage/heat/swelling. eating as normal. are there any other checks i should make? was a horrifying noise, scared the life out of both of us!

thank you

Oh it's an awful sound isn't it?!:cry: my late 'handsome bob' was a lovely sensitive boy who would happily come & sit on my back when I laid on the floor etc but come to having to catch him to give him his meds or go to the vets & he would literally scream the house down.used to make me cry. Hope your little fellow is ok,I'd just keep a close eye on him.maybe if you have any metacam you could give him a couple of drops incase his paw is sore.:wave:

It probably scared him. I agree just keep an eye on his paw. Julie screamed once while I was in the parking lot of the vets office. It really scared me. I thought that she smelled a big dog and I took off running for the door as quick as possible just in case. She seemed fine when we got inside and I never saw anything.

Aww, it must have been a fright for him.... and for you to hear it. Like the others have said, just keep an eye on his paw and if he's reluctant to put weight on it then I would get it checked. ;)

I hope he's ok.

Rolo screamed the other day:shock:

He was sat on the chair watching the dog rolling about on the floor. They are very good friends, and just let out this scream/squeal. I nealy died! Then he casually flicked out his paw and had a good groom. I dont know what made him do it. And he's fine and dandy.

He does like to keep me on my toes!

Rach x

thank you for the replies. picked him up and checked him over again this evening, everything seems ok, he seems happy enough to get under my feet still :roll:

yes, it was such a peculiar noise but startling! a bit like a long sweep's squeak from sooty..... :?
i have never heard a rabbit scream before, i hope i never do again.

Back