• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dead wildie in the garage....shall I phone the RSPCA in the morning?

hannah.mc

Warren Scout
:wave:
SORRY MENT TO POST IN HEALTH!!!!!

Thanks for any advice in advance.

I drove home tonight via some country roads and nearly got run off the road by a big lexus....they had obviously glanced a little wildie as I looked back in my rear view mirror and saw a wildie on it's side with it's little legs going hell for leather....
By the time I pulled up safely, ran back to the poor thing it had given up it's battle and was slipping away :cry:

So at least the poor little mite wasn't alone.

I couldn't leave the body there (not a mark on the poor little beast) as the thought of foxes ripping the bun apart was too upsetting. I know that's stupid but I couldn't.

My question is, if I phone my local RSPCA branch will they allow me to take the little mite to them for humane disposal?
If push comes to shove I'll pay for the little one to be cremated via the vet but what do people recommend??

FYI I didn't touch the bun except to stroke it's head and wish it safely over the bridge and then washed and changed my clothes before I went out to my buns xxx

Last edited:
I think vet is probably the best idea. They shouldn't charge you for disposal of a wildie.

I don't think the RSPCA will come out TBH...at least they wouldn't when my firend found a dead fox in his garden. They told him to put it in his wheelie bin!

RIP little wildie x

:wave:

Thanks for any advice in advance.

I drove home tonight via some country roads and nearly got run off the road by a big lexus....they had obviously glanced a little wildie as I looked back in my rear view mirror and saw a wildie on it's side with it's little legs going hell for leather....
By the time I pulled up safely, ran back to the poor thing it had given up it's battle and was slipping away :cry:

So at least the poor little mite wasn't alone.

I couldn't leave the body there (not a mark on the poor little beast) as the thought of foxes ripping the bun apart was too upsetting. I know that's stupid but I couldn't.

My question is, if I phone my local RSPCA branch will they allow me to take the little mite to them for humane disposal?
If push comes to shove I'll pay for the little one to be cremated via the vet but what do people recommend??

FYI I didn't touch the bun except to stroke it's head and wish it safely over the bridge and then washed and changed my clothes before I went out to my buns xxx

I'm really sorry that you had this experience and sorry for the little bun. It was thoughtful of you to stop and bring home the little bun.

I dont know what to advise you, I am sorry. So thoughtful of you to stop and think of this little one.

Binky free little wild bun x

I'm really sorry that you had this experience and sorry for the little bun. It was thoughtful of you to stop and bring home the little bun.

I dont know what to advise you, I am sorry. So thoughtful of you to stop and think of this little one.

Binky free little wild bun x[/QU

I couldn't not stop when I saw the little paws go hell for leather......
I'ld hate mine to be on their own at the end.........the bun was still warm even when I got him or her home and into the washing up bowl.

Poor little wildie.....sweet dreams xxxx

That is just so sad. :cry:

(I didnt mean it like I wouldnt stop by the way, just so lovely of you to take care of him or her and bring her home). x

I think vet is probably the best idea. They shouldn't charge you for disposal of a wildie.

I don't think the RSPCA will come out TBH...at least they wouldn't when my firend found a dead fox in his garden. They told him to put it in his wheelie bin!

RIP little wildie x

This.

Sleep tight little one x

I wouldn't know where to burry the poor little munchkin......
I'll email my RSPCA contact in the morning and see what she suggests.......

I wouldn't know where to burry the poor little munchkin......
I'll email my RSPCA contact in the morning and see what she suggests.......

Do you have a garden? If yes, I would bury it there. If no, take it to a local woodland. We did that with our bridge bun (Vinnie) and carved her name into the tree she was buried under. We didn't have a garden at the time, but it's nice as we can go back to visit her.

Well done for that!

Something's bothering me though. You're probably going to all hate me for asking but you didn't put it anywhere near your pet buns or you made sure you didn't handle them without washing yourself etc.? There's a lot of diseases that can be passed across.

Back