• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it enough to cover wire floors with fleece? UPDATE: problem solved, pics added

Or do i need something more rigid?

Im going to build Skye a new pen tomorrow, i havent been able to give her as much free range time as usual due to a new job and im feeling quite bad about it.

The plan was to change her 6x2 pen into a 4x4 pen and use some C&C grids to make some shelves. Obviously i dont want her to fall through or injure herself or her feet on the wire. Will it be enough to just cover the wire shelves with fleece, or will i need something more rigid?

Ive got no money at the moment, so cant spend any money on ply wood or anything.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how big the gaps are? But I think they are fairly large? If so, if she steps in a gap, the fleece will just get pushed through unless it's pulled tightly and secured. Maybe cardboard would do for now, wrapped in the fleece?

I'm not sure how big the gaps are? But I think they are fairly large? If so, if she steps in a gap, the fleece will just get pushed through unless it's pulled tightly and secured. Maybe cardboard would do for now, wrapped in the fleece?

Thanks.

...Ive just thought, there could be a few pieces of wood in the shed, ill see what i can come up with :)

Thank you :wave:

Instead of making room for the Wii and Wii Fit, i decided to make room for a bigger pen. Found some carpet samples in the local furniture shop too, so that solved the problem with the wire shelf.

Her pen was 6ftx2ft and is now 4ftx4ft with added 1.5x4ft shelf.

Anyway...

Before:
GEDC0985.jpg

GEDC0984.jpg

After:
GEDC0993.jpg

GEDC0991.jpg

And as usual, the hoomin looses out. I used to have lots of floor space...
GEDC0982.jpg

And now?
GEDC0986.jpg

Ah well :lol: How could i resist this little girl?...

GEDC0983.jpg

The only thing I would say be careful of... she will be able to jump off the shelf an over the top of the pen! Hopscotch would not be held in by that pen :lol:

The only thing I would say be careful of... she will be able to jump off the shelf an over the top of the pen! Hopscotch would not be held in by that pen :lol:

I was just about to suggest the same problem :lol:

Bless her though she is a sweetie :love:

Thanks Helen. The shelf is tucked away in the alcove. Marley and Dollys old pen was similar, and they didnt manage to jump it, but my room is bunny proofed aswell, so as long as i close teh door when im out, shell be fine. :)

Back